Spectrum acks the issue (their voice chatbot  simply says techs are
working on it and the call is a dead end <grin>)

Anyone have an insight?

Its affecting a nearby customer who normally is VPN'ed to their servers
here. Trying to decide if chasing alternatives is worthwhile.

Sincerely,

William "Bill" Kern

PixelGate Networks

Re: Spectrum Consumer Level outage in Thousand Oaks [ In reply to ]
My Thousand Oaks, CA site on Spectrum (off-the-shelf DOCSIS) is up and
working fine, so you're probably impacted by a single node outage.

This list is really for massive outages and multi-customer fiber cuts, not
single-provider outages that only impact one zip code. Call Spectrum
business back and ask for more details, ask if the entire node is down.
1-877-892-4662

You're having a localized problem. Outages happen, get a 4G backup.

- Cary

Re: Spectrum Consumer Level outage in Thousand Oaks [ In reply to ]
well the point of asking is to find out how widespread the issue is.

In regards to the customer involved, yes, they should have a backup
link, a Frontier link would be available in this area and be around
$50/month.  Of course customers never want to pay for that until they
get caught in a situation.

-bill