Mailing List Archive

Twitter API problems Fri/13
From @intelwire:

"""
Just to clarify, because I'm seeing a lot of bad info out there, the Twitter
API is not down. Credentials appear to have been revoked for some apps,
including the biggest alternative Twitter clients. As far as I can tell,
the API is still working if your credentials are working.
"""

Tweetcaster/Android worked ok just now.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth Baylink jra@baylink.com
Designer The Things I Think RFC 2100
Ashworth & Associates http://www.bcp38.info 2000 Land Rover DII
St Petersburg FL USA BCP38: Ask For It By Name! +1 727 647 1274
Re: Twitter API problems Fri/13 [ In reply to ]
> Just to clarify, because I'm seeing a lot of bad info out there, the Twitter
> API is not down. Credentials appear to have been revoked for some apps,
> including the biggest alternative Twitter clients. As far as I can tell,
> the API is still working if your credentials are working.
> """
>
> Tweetcaster/Android worked ok just now.

Update: if you had a little birdie sitting on your shoulder telling you this
was not an accident...

you may be right (he may be crazy):

https://www.engadget.com/twitter-may-have-deliberately-cut-off-tweetbot-and-other-third-party-clients-165048001.html

Cheers,
-- jra
Re: Twitter API problems Fri/13 [ In reply to ]
I am hearing from some of my customers who develop Twitter clients their API access was revoked, and Twitter is not responding to questions why their access was revoked.

Kind regards,

Tom

Re: Twitter API problems Fri/13 [ In reply to ]
…and apparently some have just been reinstated.

-Bill

Re: Twitter API problems Fri/13 [ In reply to ]
> …and apparently some have just been reinstated.

I take full credit for this.

Cheers,
-- jra

Re: Twitter API problems Fri/13 [ In reply to ]
My understanding is Elon is part of this listserv? Perhaps he could provide
some insights?

Re: Twitter API problems Fri/13 [ In reply to ]
I'll save him the trouble. It's because he's a peace of shit.

Regards,

Alexander Vanino
https://www.linkedin.com/in/vanino

On Sun, Jan 15, 2023 at 7:04 PM Jay R. Ashworth via Outages <outages@outages.org [mailto:outages@outages.org]> wrote:

> …and apparently some have just been reinstated.

I take full credit for this.

Cheers,

-- jra

>> On Jan 16, 2023, at 12:58 AM, Tom Hek via Outages <outages@outages.org [mailto:outages@outages.org]> wrote:

>> I am hearing from some of my customers who develop Twitter clients their API

>> access was revoked, and Twitter is not responding to questions why their access

>> was revoked.

>> Kind regards,

>> Tom

>> On Mon, 16 Jan 2023, at 00:55, Jay R. Ashworth via Outages wrote:

>>> https://www.engadget.com/twitter-may-have-deliberately-cut-off-tweetbot-and-other-third-party-clients-165048001.html [https://www.engadget.com/twitter-may-have-deliberately-cut-off-tweetbot-and-other-third-party-clients-165048001.html]

>>> Cheers,

Re: Twitter API problems Fri/13 [ In reply to ]
I'll hold my breath while maybe he provides insight on why he shut
@lucky225 off for "platform manipulation and spam" with no examples of this
frivolous accusation if he does indeed read the list.

Re: Twitter API problems Fri/13 [ In reply to ]
Alex.... whether the list rules are written down or not, and whether you're right or not, that violates them. Please don't do it again.

Cheers,
-- jr '<admin/>' a

Re: Twitter API problems Fri/13 [ In reply to ]
Can anyone please move this to discussions?.this is ridiculous, believe it or not some people don?t care about a discussion around a change at Twitter that happened on Friday.
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Finigree. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Re: Twitter API problems Fri/13 [ In reply to ]
As a list administrator, I have already replied to Mr Vanino, and I consider the topic closed.

You should too. Playing list police also violates mailing list rules.

<PINCH>

Cheers,
-- jra