From: Outages <outages-bounces@outages.org> On Behalf Of John Tracy via Outages
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2022 12:32 PM
To: outages@outages.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [outages] WOW in Alabama

We are seeing full outages for WOW in the state of Alabama. Anybody have any details on this. I can't get to any of their support pages or status reports.
Re: [EXTERNAL] WOW in Alabama [ In reply to ]
All of the servers show a status of offline on their status page:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/status/us

On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 9:35 AM Begarowicz, Shawn via Outages <
outages@outages.org> wrote:

> The entire state of Michigan is also down.. we have about 100 customers
> affected.. the WOW support phone numbers are not reachable either..
>

> Thank You,
> Shawn Begarowicz (Technology/Service Manager)
> Complete Interactive Technologies
> 44265 Groesbeck Highway
> Clinton Township, MI 48036
> 586-439-2000 Ext. 120 | 586-439-2001 Fax
> 586-913-2420 Direct Tel | 586-203-4940 Direct Fax
> 586-883-4037 Cell
> shawn.begarowicz@cit-4u.com
> www.cit-4u.com
> For Technical Support:
> support@cit-4u.com
> Website:
> www.cit-4u.com
>
> Celebrating 30 Years of your VISION our SOLUTION
>

> The information contained in this message is confidential and, if
> addressed to a client or certain counsel, is subject to the attorney-client
> or work-product privilege, and is intended only for the use of the
> individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
> distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
> you have received this communication in error, please reply or notify us
> immediately by email or telephone, and destroy or erase the message.
>

> Please think twice before printing out this email!

Rich Greenwood
Senior Engineer
Shasta County Office of Education

Information Technology

1644 Magnolia Ave.

Redding, CA 96001

Office: 530-225-0161

Hotline: 530-225-0279

rgreenwood@shastacoe.org
Re: [EXTERNAL] WOW in Alabama [ In reply to ]
Wide open west not world or war craft….

Thank You,
Shawn Begarowicz (Technology/Service Manager)
Complete Interactive Technologies
44265 Groesbeck Highway
Clinton Township, MI 48036
586-439-2000 Ext. 120 | 586-439-2001 Fax
586-913-2420 Direct Tel | 586-203-4940 Direct Fax
586-883-4037 Cell
shawn.begarowicz@cit-4u.com<mailto:shawn.begarowicz@cit-4u.com>
www.cit-4u.com<http://www.cit-4u.com/>
For Technical Support:
support@cit-4u.com<mailto:support@cit-4u.com>
Website:
www.cit-4u.com<http://www.cit-4u.com/>
[cid:image001.png@01D8F8F0.A0D73ED0]
Celebrating 30 Years of your VISION our SOLUTION

The information contained in this message is confidential and, if addressed to a client or certain counsel, is subject to the attorney-client or work-product privilege, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply or notify us immediately by email or telephone, and destroy or erase the message.

rgreenwood@shastacoe.org<mailto:rgreenwood@shastacoe.org>

[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/bQuRd9bOFSBZoD5P8098OeKi2h-EQ7_wjxKrgjLnj_11EHSaq9pfSEsQC7k670anVhENdHBuRV36ohjuvTsma9Jnvqct2eFiGDp4p8HUJt5VtdiNw3inTO-dQb4bdoFXW157CNlU]
Re: [EXTERNAL] WOW in Alabama [ In reply to ]
But holy cow they are down as well.. So WIDE OPEN WEST Cable and World of War Craft. Ummmm

[cid:image001.png@01D8F8F1.034F3900]

Re: [EXTERNAL] WOW in Alabama [ In reply to ]
"WoW" here is Wide Open West aka wowway.com.

Confirming I have a hard down WoW Cable site in Naperville, IL. Another
previously WoW site that transitioned to Astound/RCN last year is still up.

- Cary

Re: [EXTERNAL] WOW in Alabama [ In reply to ]
Unless something has changed since I played several years ago, Tuesday
mornings are patch / reset days for WoW (world of warcraft) and they're
always down for a few hours.

Re: [EXTERNAL] WOW in Alabama [ In reply to ]
My bad. I guess I lost today's round of guess the TLA. ;)

The Wide Open West status page returns a "502 Bad Gateway" from outside
their service territory.
https://www.wowway.com/support/maintenance-advisories

Re: [EXTERNAL] WOW in Alabama [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the reminder, I forgot they go down on patch Tuesdays. No need
to screen 1000 calls that we can't fix their game servers.

Re: [EXTERNAL] WOW in Alabama [ In reply to ]
Our wavelength fiber connection (Lumen) from Equinix CH3 to Lebanon, Ohio
failed from its working path to its protect (backup) path at 10:10AM. We
were also informed by Equinix that they have a major outage for Metro
Connect services at Equinix CH3 starting at the same time. We have no
further details from Lumen nor Equinix at this time. Next update from
Equinix should be soon.

I know that Chicago isn't close to Alabama, but if WOW is hosting services
there, or routing a lot of traffic through there, it may be related
(possibly other Chicago datacenters, not just Equinix CH3). And if not, the
above is probably useful for this mailing list anyway.

Bruce Wainer

Re: [EXTERNAL] WOW in Alabama [ In reply to ]
As a matter of fact, I do see most data routed through Chicago from here
over our WOW connection.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 12:03 PM Bruce Wainer via Outages <
outages@outages.org> wrote:

> Our wavelength fiber connection (Lumen) from Equinix CH3 to Lebanon, Ohio
> failed from its working path to its protect (backup) path at 10:10AM. We
> were also informed by Equinix that they have a major outage for Metro
> Connect services at Equinix CH3 starting at the same time. We have no
> further details from Lumen nor Equinix at this time. Next update from
> Equinix should be soon.
>
> I know that Chicago isn't close to Alabama, but if WOW is hosting services
> there, or routing a lot of traffic through there, it may be related
> (possibly other Chicago datacenters, not just Equinix CH3). And if not, the
> above is probably useful for this mailing list anyway.
>
> Bruce Wainer
>

> On Tue, Nov 15, 2022 at 12:57 PM Josh Luthman via Outages <
> outages@outages.org> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the reminder, I forgot they go down on patch Tuesdays. No
>> need to screen 1000 calls that we can't fix their game servers.
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 15, 2022, 12:52 PM Brooks Bridges via Outages <
>> outages@outages.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Unless something has changed since I played several years ago, Tuesday
>>> mornings are patch / reset days for WoW (world of warcraft) and they're
>>> always down for a few hours.
>>>
>>> On 11/15/2022 9:47 AM, Begarowicz, Shawn via Outages wrote:
>>>
>>> But holy cow they are down as well.. So WIDE OPEN WEST Cable and World
>>> of War Craft. Ummmm
>>>

>>> Thank You,
>>> Shawn Begarowicz (Technology/Service Manager)
>>> Complete Interactive Technologies
>>> 44265 Groesbeck Highway
>>> Clinton Township, MI 48036
>>> 586-439-2000 Ext. 120 | 586-439-2001 Fax
>>> 586-913-2420 Direct Tel | 586-203-4940 Direct Fax
>>> 586-883-4037 Cell
>>> shawn.begarowicz@cit-4u.com
>>> www.cit-4u.com
>>> For Technical Support:
>>> support@cit-4u.com
>>> Website:
>>> www.cit-4u.com
>>>
>>> Celebrating 30 Years of your VISION our SOLUTION
>>>

>>> The information contained in this message is confidential and, if
>>> addressed to a client or certain counsel, is subject to the attorney-client
>>> or work-product privilege, and is intended only for the use of the
>>> individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
>>> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
>>> distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
>>> you have received this communication in error, please reply or notify us
>>> immediately by email or telephone, and destroy or erase the message.
>>>

>>> Please think twice before printing out this email!

>>> Website: