Mailing List Archive

New Relic, Sales Force, poss. Us-west AWS?
I'm seeing complaints of New Relic problems
(https://status.newrelic.com/), salesforce issues
(https://status.salesforce.com/) and a friend has some software down
in US-West AWS but they aren't reporting anything yet. Outages list
has been quiet - so I figured I'd see if others are seeing anything
particularly odd today?
Re: New Relic, Sales Force, poss. Us-west AWS? [ In reply to ]
We have an AT&T circuit that was down in Northern California last night and
today (it's up as of 30 minutes ago). The AT&T ticket response system
blamed it on a fiber cut in San Bernardino on a Frontier circuit that was
cut by the power company setting a new pole. They twisted up the fiber and
high voltage underground. I'm 99% certain that wasn't what caused our
outage but might be causing what you're seeing.

Quitting our AT&T ticket response here:

"""Status update -There is a Frontier fiber cut in San Bernadino, CA
(SNBRCA). Frontier technicians have identified damage near their Muscoy, CA
central office. Southern California Edison (SCE) was performing pole
replacement and snagged Frontier fiber cable. The fiber cable is wrapped
around the high voltage cable and the neighborhood is without power.
Frontier repairs will not begin until SCE work is completed. There is no
ETTR currently. The AIM team is engaged as needed"""

Trendal Toews

Re: New Relic, Sales Force, poss. Us-west AWS? [ In reply to ]
I noticed Wyze had an outage around that same time:

https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015979872-Service-Status-Known-Issues
*Brandon Svec*