Mailing List Archive

WOW/Astound enterprise outage - western Chicago suburbs
We have 2 WOW/Astound fiber circuits in different cities offline since
4am in the Western Chicago suburbs. NOC says several Enterprise
customers are offline but they don't have a cause yet. They think it's a
fiber cut, but OTDR's are just now being dispatched. No ETR.
Re: WOW/Astound enterprise outage - western Chicago suburbs [ In reply to ]
Approaching 30 hours on this outage. The Astound NOC has been very
resistant to give any solid answers. First they said fiber cut, then
said light levels were restored and they were checking provisioning,
that was 16 hours ago. SFP's on the Nokia CPE's at my locations are dark.

Last update 12 hours ago was that they're trying to source new equipment
for the headend. Does not seem to be affecting their Coax plant, only
Fiber connections.