Got a call from AT&T tech support today saying it's a wide spread problem.
From here to Reno NV affected. He had me traceroute to the east coast over
AT&T and it was >90ms, should be 70-80 max

Gamers and VPN's on our network aren't happy. Claimed a fix was on the way
but no ETA. It's been a month now
Re: AT&T high latency coast to coast [ In reply to ]
Par for the course for AT&T, our circuits in Detroit went from 6ms to
Chicago to 20-30ms, tickets submitted and only acknowledgement without
resolution for over a year now. As long as it’s within your SLA, they don’t
care.

Our DOCSIS Comcast and Charter circuits have better latency than any of our
AT&T Fiber or DIA circuits.

On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 18:22 Trendal Toews via Outages <outages@outages.org>
wrote:

> We've got 3 circuits in Northern California that went from <10ms to >30ms
> to our BGP peer on April 26 or 27. Created tickets on all circuits when I
> discovered it.
>
> Got a call from AT&T tech support today saying it's a wide spread
> problem. From here to Reno NV affected. He had me traceroute to the east
> coast over AT&T and it was >90ms, should be 70-80 max
>
> Gamers and VPN's on our network aren't happy. Claimed a fix was on the
> way but no ETA. It's been a month now

Sent from my iPhone
Re: AT&T high latency coast to coast [ In reply to ]
Yeah I got that run around also when initially creating the tickets, but I
pressed our rep a bit and today when a tech called me and had me do that
traceroute to the east coast he said the >90ms was above the SLA for west
to east coast, should be 70-80. Hopefully they move on it. He claimed
they were.

Trendal Toews

Stream IT Networks LLC
251 North Villa Avenue
Willows, CA 95988

Phone: 530-330-0746
Email: trendal.toews@streamitnet.com
support@streamitnet.com

Re: AT&T high latency coast to coast [ In reply to ]
From AT&T tech today

"""

As we discussed previous week.

Issue is inside AT&T IPAG cloud.

Our IPAG cloud team informed that this is related to the case which we are
already working for RENO area and it was isolated that traffic takes longer
trunks.

Currently our ATS and design teams are working on redesigning IPAG cloud,
more updates should be available during this week.

"""