We are seeing / hearing reports of inability to reach Duo (the
authentication service), trouble connecting to Zoom meetings, and
unreachability of certain EC2 instances in us-west-2.

Naturally, Amazon, Duo, and Zoom's service status pages are showing
all-green. But I am seeing these outages from multiple ISPs in
multiple regions of the continental US.

Sincerely,
Rusty Dekema
Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]
Having outages on many different services I use that use AWS - thinking
it's another blammo.

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 10:55 AM Rusty Dekema via Outages <
outages@outages.org> wrote:

> Did anyone else see some AWS-hosted services go wonky around 10:26 am
> UTC-5 today?
>
> We are seeing / hearing reports of inability to reach Duo (the
> authentication service), trouble connecting to Zoom meetings, and
> unreachability of certain EC2 instances in us-west-2.
>
> Naturally, Amazon, Duo, and Zoom's service status pages are showing
> all-green. But I am seeing these outages from multiple ISPs in
> multiple regions of the continental US.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rusty Dekema

David Rubin
Cubex Group
Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]
We have customers with AWS-East services partially down at the moment.

However, our directly managed AWS-East EC2 VMs appear fine.

Sincerely,

William Kern

PixelGate Networks.

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]
Yes, several hosted with AWS having issues.

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 10:56 AM Rusty Dekema via Outages <
outages@outages.org> wrote:

> Did anyone else see some AWS-hosted services go wonky around 10:26 am
> UTC-5 today?
>
> We are seeing / hearing reports of inability to reach Duo (the
> authentication service), trouble connecting to Zoom meetings, and
> unreachability of certain EC2 instances in us-west-2.
>
> Naturally, Amazon, Duo, and Zoom's service status pages are showing
> all-green. But I am seeing these outages from multiple ISPs in
> multiple regions of the continental US.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rusty Dekema

Sent from Gmail Mobile
Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]
> Did anyone else see some AWS-hosted services go wonky

Yeh. AWS have confirmed "Internet Connectivity” issues. It looks to have stabilised somewhat but still seeing some unusual errors

Phil

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]
We're seeing this as well. Issues authenticating with Okta, same regions.

-Scott

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]
Currently the AWS Service Health Dashboard lists "Internet
Connectivity" problems out of both us-west-1 and us-west-2.

https://status.aws.amazon.com/

--
| Jeremy Chadwick jdc_at_koitsu.org |
| UNIX Systems Administrator PGP 0x2A389531 |

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]
Yup! I thought surely I was going crazy as amazon wouldn't have three
outages in one week, but ¯\_(?)_/¯

On 12/15/2021 10:47 AM, Rusty Dekema via Outages wrote:
> Did anyone else see some AWS-hosted services go wonky around 10:26 am
> UTC-5 today?
>
> We are seeing / hearing reports of inability to reach Duo (the
> authentication service), trouble connecting to Zoom meetings, and
> unreachability of certain EC2 instances in us-west-2.
>
> Naturally, Amazon, Duo, and Zoom's service status pages are showing
> all-green. But I am seeing these outages from multiple ISPs in
> multiple regions of the continental US.
>
> Sincerely,
> Rusty Dekema

Jon Sands
MFI Labs
https://fohdeesha.com/

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]
We are seeing intermittent networking issues in US west 2.

—————————
Best regards,
Michael Self

This email composed on my Google iPhone Essential Pixel S15+ on 7G technology while driving with my knees. Please excuse brevity and typos due to Siri’s hearing problems, accidents, cops or other mishaps.

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 8:58 AM Rusty Dekema via Outages <
outages@outages.org> wrote:

> Did anyone else see some AWS-hosted services go wonky around 10:26 am
> UTC-5 today?

Hi Rusty,

I work for a MSP and we currently have IT Glue and Watchguard Cloud down,
both of these are also AWS Hosted. Something is going on.

*Dakota Hourie *(He/Him)
Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]
Pagerduty has been breaking for us.
ironically it still rings me and tells me to look at their website for
more details of our own outage.

PD wins an award for the best visual http 500 error.
Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]
I also see CLink is having issues as well, curious if a backhaul went down.
Anyway to verify if backhaul?

Re: More AWS Trouble 12/15? [ In reply to ]
Google/Microsoft/Facebook are having issues at the same time frame looking
at https://downdetector.com/

I'd expect it's not AWS/Amazon specific.

Josh Luthman
24/7 Help Desk: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St