Mailing List Archive

Canada / Iristel
One of our DIDs started bouncing... and opening a ticket with our carrier,
resulted in

*"One of the carrier partners is intermittently experiencing a loss of
connectivity towards their core network affecting calls. We have escalated
this issue with them and they continue to investigate"*.

Based on localcalling, the NPA-NXX range belongs to Iristel.

Are they next on the DDoS wheel of fortune?

Anyone using Iristel directly?

[image: Star Telecom - Cloud Communications and Customer Experience
Solutions] <https://www.startelecom.ca/>

*Ivan Kovacevic*

*Co-Founder and VP Client Services*

--

NOTE: This email message and
any attachments are for the sole use of the
Re: Canada / Iristel [ In reply to ]
from status.bandwidth.com ... although it does not implicate Iristel
directly.

Update - We are continuing to investigate the issue and we will advise as
updates become available.
Nov 15, 13:20 EST
Investigating - Bandwidth is currently investigating active issues with
inbound calls via Canadian carriers dropping and/or failing to set up
properly. Relevant teams are engaged and we will provide updates as they
are available.
Nov 15, 12:21 EST

[image: Star Telecom - Cloud Communications and Customer Experience
Solutions] <https://www.startelecom.ca/>

*Ivan Kovacevic*

*Co-Founder and VP Client Services*

Re: Canada / Iristel [ In reply to ]
They reported issues within their core network as of 12:11 EST and a
recovery as of 13:51,

Jeff

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 2:03 PM Ivan Kovacevic via Outages <
outages@outages.org> wrote:

> One of our DIDs started bouncing... and opening a ticket with our carrier,
> resulted in
>
> *"One of the carrier partners is intermittently experiencing a loss of
> connectivity towards their core network affecting calls. We have escalated
> this issue with them and they continue to investigate"*.
>
> Based on localcalling, the NPA-NXX range belongs to Iristel.
>
> Are they next on the DDoS wheel of fortune?
>
> Anyone using Iristel directly?
>

> [.image: Star Telecom - Cloud Communications and Customer Experience
> Solutions] <https://www.startelecom.ca/>
>
> *Ivan Kovacevic*
>
> *Co-Founder and VP Client Services*
>

> NOTE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the
> intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged
> sender by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of the original
> message.

Jeff
Re: Canada / Iristel [ In reply to ]
Also some incidental information from Telnyx stating Canada issues.

Voice Calls: Canadian local call impairment
<https://status.telnyx.com/incidents/0ph8tlv4gk7s>
Identified - The issue has been identified, our local carrier is
experiencing a network connectivity issue. We are working with them at this
time to determine cause and time to restoration.
Nov 15, 17:45 UTC
Investigating - We are currently investigating an issue where local calls
within Canada are experiencing connectivity issues.
Nov 15, 17:35 UTC

Re: Canada / Iristel [ In reply to ]
Issues happening still (or again). Definitely not resolved completely.

Re: Canada / Iristel [ In reply to ]
I've seen similar messages on the Network Status on ISP Telecom's portal.