Mailing List Archive

<ADMIN> REMINDER to read before you post
FACEBOOK and related properties are DNS-down since 1140 or so EDT.

The root cause appears to be a BGP screwup, and this, from, a mailing list
I follow regularly:

"""
I'm hearing -- NOT CONFIRMED -- that it was not an attack but was a
bad BGP push that locked engineers out of remote access to systems,
requiring using physical backup locations with direct infrastructure
access. Again, NOT CONFIRMED.
"""

They're still offline as of 1515EDT, and *we all know about it now*. :-)

Please refrain from postings on the main list about this unless you have new
factual data not already posted; speculate (yeah, I know :-) on -discuss.

Remember: you are making 15,000 copies.

Cheers,
-- jra
--