anyone else.

-William Kern

PixelGate Networks

Re: Frontier in Thousand Oaks, CA [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 01:58:00PM -0700, William Kern via Outages wrote:
> We just lost our next hop link to Frontier in Thousand Oaks.
> anyone else.

Yes, we have multiple 1&10g e-lines and waves out of One Wilshire on Frontier down since 2021-08-16 13:32:19 PDT

-Will Orton
will@loopfree.net
Re: Frontier in Thousand Oaks, CA [ In reply to ]
On 8/16/21 13:58, William Kern via Outages wrote:
> We just lost our next hop link to Frontier in Thousand Oaks.
>
> I contacted some our business customers and they report being down as
> well for the 'office' connections. However, pure FIOS appears to still
> work.
>
> anyone else.

We're also affected with multiple circuits down. Anyone have a master
ticket or ETR?

--
Jay Hennigan | jay@impulse.net | CCIE #7880 | WB6RDV
Chief Network Architect | Impulse Advanced Communications
Re: Frontier in Thousand Oaks, CA [ In reply to ]
On 8/16/21 13:58, William Kern via Outages wrote:
> We just lost our next hop link to Frontier in Thousand Oaks.
>
> I contacted some our business customers and they report being down as
> well for the 'office' connections. However, pure FIOS appears to still
> work.
>
> Downdetector appears to see it as well.
>
> https://downdetector.com/status/frontier/map/
>
> anyone else.

We're seeing multiple circuits down in Southern California as well.

Re: Frontier in Thousand Oaks, CA [ In reply to ]
Since it was an area outage I didn't feel the need to get a ticket,
since I figured they knew about it.

However since we haven't seen any improvement I decided to at least get
the ticket if only for billing credit purposes.

Been on hold for over an hour now...

-William Kern

Re: Frontier in Thousand Oaks, CA [ In reply to ]
Our NOC finally got through to someone, but something may have been lost
in translation with regard to "fiber towers" and their ticket number
looks to be the CLLI code of One Wilshire. Also posted to -discussion,
should probably follow up there.

Reading between the lines, fiber cut at or near One Wilshire (LSANCAVJ).

Called frontier:

"2021-08-16 13:32:19 PDT downtime

Cause Fiber tower that was cut downtown LA.

36 children towers affected (each has about 8,000-11,000 customers on it)

24 hours ETR is what TJ was guessing but with this large of an outage,
the ticket didn't state one.

ticket: LSANCAVJ1FW"

Re: [Outages-discussion] Frontier in Thousand Oaks, CA [ In reply to ]
> Our NOC finally got through to someone, but something may have been lost
> in translation with regard to "fiber towers" and their ticket number
> looks to be the CLLI code of One Wilshire. Also posted to -discussion,
> should probably follow up there.

It's not terribly uncommon for a Master Ticket for a large outage to just be
flagged with the location identifier. Well, ok, "I've seen it before". :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth Baylink jra@baylink.com