Mailing List Archive

Email Loading Issues - Dedicated Exchange
Hi all,

Trying to track down some issues that have been reported for O365 but are impacting dedicated exchange.

We are aware of the current incidents that are posted on O365 status page, but are seeing these issues in dedicated exchange as well (no hybrid). The issues are affecting Windows (desktop client) only, not Mac EWS or dedicated OWA.

Symptoms include emails not loading, only loading the first line, flashing loaded and disappearing, only signatures displaying, etc. Throwing a stab in the dark to see if anyone is also seeing these issues on dedicated exchange, and working with engineering to determine what would be a commonality between dedicated exchange and O365.

Thanks,

Harris Kleyman
Manager of Data Centers & Facilities and NOC Supervisor
612.466.2031
hkleyman@atomicdata.com
https://www.atomicdata.com/"]atomicdata.com
250 Marquette Avenue, Minneapolis MN, 55401

https://www.atomicdata.com/"]

Re: Email Loading Issues - Dedicated Exchange [ In reply to ]
We did
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.13901.20462
to fix it on our end for users that were broken, so far its been successful for the users we updated

Thanks

Jonathan Marioncu

________________________________
Trying to track down some issues that have been reported for O365 but are impacting dedicated exchange.

We are aware of the current incidents that are posted on O365 status page, but are seeing these issues in dedicated exchange as well (no hybrid). The issues are affecting Windows (desktop client) only, not Mac EWS or dedicated OWA.

Symptoms include emails not loading, only loading the first line, flashing loaded and disappearing, only signatures displaying, etc. Throwing a stab in the dark to see if anyone is also seeing these issues on dedicated exchange, and working with engineering to determine what would be a commonality between dedicated exchange and O365.

Thanks,

Harris Kleyman
Manager of Data Centers & Facilities and NOC Supervisor

________________________________
[cid:Phone_8b10c094-02f3-4052-a70d-7051346ffba9.png] 612.466.2031
[cid:Email_09d50943-c4f2-44d9-906c-b3fcb770ec5c.png] hkleyman@atomicdata.com
[cid:Web_25592c93-154c-4400-aea3-7f0997b0a8a3.png] atomicdata.com<https://www.atomicdata.com/>
[cid:Location_12eb977d-7ea5-40b8-a0dc-757a173d3b89.png] 250 Marquette Avenue, Minneapolis MN, 55401

[cid:AtomicDataButtonLogo_d3380e21-18c8-4404-8823-45f3c342b2ac.png]<https://www.atomicdata.com/>
Re: Email Loading Issues - Dedicated Exchange [ In reply to ]
Hi Harris / Others

It is reported on Exchange Online in the admin centre because it affects
the apps connected to exchange online.

The issue appears to be a bug in the Outlook App.

Some users have reported a solution is to roll back to the April 23rd
release in the current channel:
This may need an elevated command prompt to run
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft
shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user
updatetoversion=16.0.13901.20462

Also that OWA *should* be working.

https://admin.microsoft.com/Adminportal/Home?source=applauncher#/servicehealth/incidents/:/alerts/EX255650
Does mention it is "Outlook client" as where the issue is seen

"Current status: We're gathering and analyzing data in an effort to isolate
the cause of impact.* Initial reports indicate that impact is specific to
the Outlook client *and users with access to other protocols, such as
Outlook on the web or the Outlook mobile app, can view message content in
those platforms as a potential workaround."

Regards
Alexander

Alexander Neilson
Neilson Productions Limited

alexander@neilson.net.nz
021 329 681
022 456 2326

Re: Email Loading Issues - Dedicated Exchange [ In reply to ]
I can confirm that running: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user updatetoversion=16.0.13901.20462” resolves the issues we were seeing.

I do not know if this prevents the affected version from being re-installed. Or, if it prevents a fixed version from being installed once they release an update.

Greg
[...]

alexander@neilson.net.nz<mailto:alexander@neilson.net.nz>
021 329 681
022 456 2326

Re: Email Loading Issues - Dedicated Exchange [ In reply to ]
I can also confirm that "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft
shared\ClickToRun\OfficeC2RClient.exe" /update user
updatetoversion=16.0.13901.20462” resolves the issues on my end also with 3
or so different clients. Reminds me of last Spring also this happened!

Chris