Mailing List Archive

Zayo Outage Between Greenville PA and Cleveland, OH
Zayo is now seeing multiple DWDM systems down between Greenville, PA and Cleveland, OH. Outage start time is 2021-05-06 15:24 UTC. Currently have Tech on site in Cleveland and ETA for Tech to Greenville is 20 minutes. Zayo will commence fiber testing in Cleveland in order to determine point of failure on fiber path.

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately by replying to this e-mail. You must destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.
Thank you.
Re: Zayo Outage Between Greenville PA and Cleveland, OH [ In reply to ]
For anyone wondering about this cut it's backhoe season.

Thu May 06 16:47:42 GMT 2021
Zayo has a confirmed fiber cut. Ohio DOT performing construction in the area has cut Zayo 432 count fiber. Repair crew is dispatching to get fiber restoration reel in Cleveland and also to cut location in order to prep fibers for splicing. ETR is approximately two hours for repair crews to arrive at locations. We are still unable to determine an ETR.

Thu May 06 16:27:02 GMT 2021
Dear Zayo Customers, Zayo OSP Manager is arranging for repair crews and will be assessing the fiber damage once on site, ETA approximately 5 minutes. Additional details will be provided as information is obtained. We are unable to provide ETR at this time.

Thu May 06 15:58:59 GMT 2021
Dear Zayo Customers, Approximate GPS Location: 41.459313, -81.002531 for the cut. Zayo OSP Manager is dispatching to cut location, ETA approximately 15 minutes.

Thu May 06 15:56:51 GMT 2021
Dear Zayo Customers, Fiber testing from Cleveland, OH indicates a fiber cut 64.68km out of Cleveland. Zayo is dispatching repair crew to further isolate damage location. Currently there is no ETR available. Fiber testing also indicates this is a complete cut, so we will be unable to roll to spare fibers for restoral. Updates will be provided as restoration efforts continue.

________________________________

Re: Zayo Outage Between Greenville PA and Cleveland, OH [ In reply to ]
In my experience, every season is backhoe season.

--
Christopher Conley
Systems Administrator | Fors Marsh Group

Re: Zayo Outage Between Greenville PA and Cleveland, OH [ In reply to ]
I wonder if anyone called in a locate?

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 10:11 AM Christopher Conley via Outages <
outages@outages.org> wrote:

> In my experience, every season is backhoe season.
>

> --
>
> Christopher Conley
>
> Systems Administrator | Fors Marsh Group
>
> 1010 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 510
>
> Arlington, VA 22201

Like us on Social Media for News, Promotions, and other information!!

<https://www.facebook.com/SCTCWEB/>
<https://www.instagram.com/sctc_503/>
<https://www.yelp.com/biz/sctc-stayton-3>
<https://www.youtube.com/c/sctcvideos>

_**** This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail
from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does
not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. ****_