Mailing List Archive

Apparently Equifax is down for consumers and businesses.
I was ordering fiber optic internet from Frontier Communications—my doctor said I should consume more fiber—but their system said my credit check failed and was demanding an equipment deposit. I pushed back. They ran it three times.

Then they got word in a group chat that Equifax’s consumer and business portals are down, so they can’t process any credit checks.

Woe be unto you if you work in finance or support a business that depends on this service. I hope they didn’t have another breach. Maybe they will need a tiny excavator to dig them out of this mess like that freighter stuck in the Suez canal<https://www.reddit.com/r/CatastrophicFailure/comments/mcw8og/new_pictures_from_the_suez_canal_authority_on_the/> for the last two days...

Cheers,
Brad
Re: Apparently Equifax is down for consumers and businesses. [ In reply to ]
It was me... I applied for a few credit cards today.

I didn't think my credit was bad enough to bring the entire system down
????...

Re: Apparently Equifax is down for consumers and businesses. [ In reply to ]
No it was me. I started this new "Credit Score Diet" where I pull a
lot of fat histories for later consumption.

On 3/25/21, Joshua Samuels via Outages <outages@outages.org> wrote:
> It was me... I applied for a few credit cards today.
>
> I didn't think my credit was bad enough to bring the entire system down
> ????...
>
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 3:28 PM Chapman, Brad (NBCUniversal) via Outages <
> outages@outages.org> wrote:
>
>> I was ordering fiber optic internet from Frontier Communications—my
>> doctor
>> said I should consume more fiber—but their system said my credit check
>> failed and was demanding an equipment deposit. I pushed back. They ran
>> it
>> three times.
>>

>> Then they got word in a group chat that Equifax’s consumer and business
>> portals are down, so they can’t process any credit checks.
>>

>> Woe be unto you if you work in finance or support a business that depends
>> on this service. I hope they didn’t have another breach. Maybe they
>> will
>> need a tiny excavator to dig them out of this mess like that freighter
>> stuck in the Suez canal
>> <https://www.reddit.com/r/CatastrophicFailure/comments/mcw8og/new_pictures_from_the_suez_canal_authority_on_the/>
>> for the last two days...
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Brad

W. Charles Goorsky
Charles.Goorsky@gmail.com
Re: Apparently Equifax is down for consumers and businesses. [ In reply to ]
No ETA from Equifax as of 2 minutes ago.

> impacting services due to inclement weather at the Atlanta Data Center.
> Technical and facilities teams are working to restore full functionality.

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 3:23 PM Charles Goorsky via Outages <
outages@outages.org> wrote:

> No it was me. I started this new "Credit Score Diet" where I pull a
> lot of fat histories for later consumption.
>
> On 3/25/21, Joshua Samuels via Outages <outages@outages.org> wrote:
> > It was me... I applied for a few credit cards today.
> >
> > I didn't think my credit was bad enough to bring the entire system down
> > ????...
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 3:28 PM Chapman, Brad (NBCUniversal) via Outages <
> > outages@outages.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I was ordering fiber optic internet from Frontier Communications—my
> >> doctor
> >> said I should consume more fiber—but their system said my credit check
> >> failed and was demanding an equipment deposit. I pushed back. They ran
> >> it
> >> three times.
> >>

> >> Then they got word in a group chat that Equifax’s consumer and business
> >> portals are down, so they can’t process any credit checks.
> >>

> >> Woe be unto you if you work in finance or support a business that
> depends
> >> on this service. I hope they didn’t have another breach. Maybe they
> >> will
> >> need a tiny excavator to dig them out of this mess like that freighter
> >> stuck in the Suez canal
> >> <
> https://www.reddit.com/r/CatastrophicFailure/comments/mcw8og/new_pictures_from_the_suez_canal_authority_on_the/
> >
> >> for the last two days...
> >>

> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Brad

> W. Charles Goorsky
> Charles.Goorsky@gmail.com

Josh Niec

--

<https://www.tastytrade.com/tt/>19 N Sangamon St.
Chicago, IL 60607
855.468.2789
*TASTYWORKS IS HERE!! *Have you heard about tastyworks yet?
_*CLICK HERE <https://tastyworks.com/>*_ to be notified of updates
regarding our new brokerage firm.__
Thank you for your
communication to
tastytrade.  To enhance your tastytrade experience, our
on-air hosts
invite our viewers to submit commentary and questions by
email.
Consistent with the content provided on our shows, our responses
are
intended to be general communications that are not geared toward
any
person’s individual circumstances.  If you ask us how to implement a

specific strategy, we will explain the basics of the strategy to
you as
part of our educational process.  Our responses do not
constitute trading
or investment advice or recommendations.  You are
responsible for making
any trading decisions.  The strategies or trades
that tastytrade uses as
examples may not be suitable for you.
tastytrade is not a licensed
financial advisor, a registered investment
adviser or a registered
broker-dealer.
Re: Apparently Equifax is down for consumers and businesses. [ In reply to ]
"Inclement weather" = crazy tornadoes, thunderstorms, hail around Atlanta right now

https://www.ajc.com/news/thursdays-weather-traffic-rain-ahead-of-strong-to-severe-storms-this-evening/7FL6M7H3LZAADCQ2P7A5R5RLG4/
[https://www.ajc.com/resizer/lMTQwZsMmVIfsKIrGEa4ZmYkT20=/1200x630/d1fegwn2wjh0cs.cloudfront.net/03-25-2021/t_b69eb536078242ad9289cd6dff0a55bd_name_t_bc7455223d394e46bd68646bcc893a20_name_file_960x540_1200_v3_1_.jpg]<https://www.ajc.com/news/thursdays-weather-traffic-rain-ahead-of-strong-to-severe-storms-this-evening/7FL6M7H3LZAADCQ2P7A5R5RLG4/>
THURSDAY’S WEATHER-TRAFFIC: Rain ahead of strong to severe storms this evening<https://www.ajc.com/news/thursdays-weather-traffic-rain-ahead-of-strong-to-severe-storms-this-evening/7FL6M7H3LZAADCQ2P7A5R5RLG4/>
Rain moving into metro Atlanta for the morning drive is just the start of things to come Thursday.
www.ajc.com
https://twitter.com/NWSAtlanta/status/1375183181834555398
[https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExWhtHBU4AU8oIn.jpg:large]<https://twitter.com/NWSAtlanta/status/1375183181834555398>
NWS Atlanta on Twitter<https://twitter.com/NWSAtlanta/status/1375183181834555398>
“428 PM - Persons in NW Polk and western Floyd, please move to a safe place NOW! Indoors. Lowest floor w/no windows. This tornado has a long history of producing significant damage.”
twitter.com

Ben Landry
Salvidrim<https://www.salvidrim.net/>

? English Wikipedia: 9+ years of editing experience · Former Administrator–SPI–UTRS–OTRS (2013 to 2018)
? Work: Telecom coordinator for Luminet<https://luminet.ca/> / Dimension<http://www.dimension10.ca/>10<http://www.dimension10.ca/> · Freelance administrative assistant on my own time

On 3/25/21, Joshua Samuels via Outages <outages@outages.org<mailto:outages@outages.org>> wrote:
> It was me... I applied for a few credit cards today.
>
> I didn't think my credit was bad enough to bring the entire system down
> ????...
>
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2021, 3:28 PM Chapman, Brad (NBCUniversal) via Outages <
> outages@outages.org<mailto:outages@outages.org>> wrote:
>
>> I was ordering fiber optic internet from Frontier Communications—my
>> doctor
>> said I should consume more fiber—but their system said my credit check
>> failed and was demanding an equipment deposit. I pushed back. They ran
>> it
>> three times.
>>

>> Then they got word in a group chat that Equifax’s consumer and business
>> portals are down, so they can’t process any credit checks.
>>

>> Woe be unto you if you work in finance or support a business that depends
>> on this service. I hope they didn’t have another breach. Maybe they
>> will
>> need a tiny excavator to dig them out of this mess like that freighter
>> stuck in the Suez canal
>> <https://www.reddit.com/r/CatastrophicFailure/comments/mcw8og/new_pictures_from_the_suez_canal_authority_on_the/>
>> for the last two days...
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Brad

W. Charles Goorsky
Charles.Goorsky@gmail.com<mailto:Charles.Goorsky@gmail.com>

Josh Niec

[https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/R_KcLfBaoMPZf8TbNwZMnCUtKBD_zO1cARzXBjRMF2Gj6zFpboFqeh20K_cLrs7nc8ph_Oez1nQ=s0-d-e1-ft#http://static.dough.com/sig/tt.png]<https://www.tastytrade.com/tt/>
Re: Apparently Equifax is down for consumers and businesses. [ In reply to ]
Co-worker in Atlanta tells me at least one confirmed tornado, EF4/EF5.

https://www.tornadohq.com/

Hagen Miller
Senior Systems Engineer
Computer Services, Inc.
(800) 519-4348 Ext: 17116
WARNING: This email is from an external source. Do not click links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

www.ajc.com<http://www.ajc.com>
> [...]

Thank you for your communication to tastytrade. To enhance your tastytrade experience, our on-air hosts invite our viewers to submit commentary and questions by email. Consistent with the content provided on our shows, our responses are intended to be general communications that are not geared toward any person’s individual circumstances. If you ask us how to implement a specific strategy, we will explain the basics of the strategy to you as part of our educational process. Our responses do not constitute trading or investment advice or recommendations. You are responsible for making any trading decisions. The strategies or trades that tastytrade uses as examples may not be suitable for you. tastytrade is not a licensed financial advisor, a registered investment adviser or a registered broker-dealer.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of Computer Services, Inc. and/or its divisions, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. The sender does not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or computer systems that may occur from content of any sort contained in, transmitted with, or added to this e-mail. If you are not a named recipient or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.