Mailing List Archive

Comcast Voice Outage?
We just had several Comcast SIP trunks in Oregon and Washington stop
accepting inbound calls. When you dial one of the trunk numbers you just
get dead air. Outbound calls appear to be working.

Calling the Comcast SIP/Trunking team number results in dead air too.

Anyone else seeing it?

-A
Re: Comcast Voice Outage? [ In reply to ]
I'm seeing a DynDNS outage.. maybe related?

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 7:18 PM Aaron C. de Bruyn via Outages <
outages@outages.org> wrote:

> We just had several Comcast SIP trunks in Oregon and Washington stop
> accepting inbound calls. When you dial one of the trunk numbers you just
> get dead air. Outbound calls appear to be working.
>
> Calling the Comcast SIP/Trunking team number results in dead air too.
>
> Anyone else seeing it?
>
> -A

Nick Wilkens
(734) 344-4942
nick.wilkens@mnxsolutions.com
https://www.mnxsolutions.com
Managed Services, Cloud Hosting & Business Voice
Re: Comcast Voice Outage? [ In reply to ]
Seems to be working in the Mid-Atlantic region.

KP

Re: Comcast Voice Outage? [ In reply to ]
Can confirm, inbound calls to our PRI circuit in Boston will just ring indefinitely

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile

Re: Comcast Voice Outage? [ In reply to ]
I finally got in touch with the Comcast PRI team a few minutes ago.
They didn't acknowledge an outage, but they said they would create an "8
hour ticket" for me--meaning that they are aware we aren't getting any
inbound calls and they'll get back to us "within 8 hours".
Stellar service for a $2k/mo phone setup.

Outbound is working, but all inbound calls just receive 'dead air'. It
looks like signalling is getting passed to our PBX, but no voice data.

Our backup provider that covers about 20% of our phone lines is still up
and working with no issues.

-A

Re: Comcast Voice Outage? [ In reply to ]
Services just recovered for me.

-A

Re: Comcast Voice Outage? [ In reply to ]
Dyn also just recovered!

Re: Comcast Voice Outage? [ In reply to ]
That's a strange coincidence. *puts on conspiracy theory hat*

-A

Re: Comcast Voice Outage? [ In reply to ]
Dyn services appear online for us as well, but their status page has not updated…. wouldn’t call it out of the woods yet.

https://dynstatus.com
https://ocistatus.oraclercloud.com

On Wed, Mar 10, 2021 at 4:11 PM Aaron C. de Bruyn <aaron@heyaaron.com<mailto:aaron@heyaaron.com>> wrote:
We just had several Comcast SIP trunks in Oregon and Washington stop accepting inbound calls. When you dial one of the trunk numbers you just get dead air. Outbound calls appear to be working.

Calling the Comcast SIP/Trunking team number results in dead air too.

Anyone else seeing it?

-A

Nick Wilkens
(734) 344-4942
nick.wilkens@mnxsolutions.com<mailto:nick.wilkens@mnxsolutions.com>
https://www.mnxsolutions.com<https://www.mnxsolutions.com>
Managed Services, Cloud Hosting & Business Voice

recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential and
protected from disclosure by the attorney-client privilege, as
attorney work product, or by other applicable privileges. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.