Mailing List Archive

Level3 or NTT US New Jersey outage
Is anyone aware of a major outage on the east coast, or New Jersey specifically that’s affecting either some Level3 or NTT circuits. I had a WAN circuit go down at 6:09 pm Eastern tonight. The circuits NOC claims it’s a known major outage with the local carrier but they aren’t sharing any more details at this time.

TIA.
Sent from my iPhone
CONFIDENTIALITY AND LEGAL NOTICE
This electronic mail transmission is confidential, may be privileged and should be read or retained only by the intended recipient. If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution or copying hereof is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender and remove it from your system. E-mail is not necessarily a secure communication method, therefore the sender shall not be responsible for any changes that occur during its transfer. All e-mails are scanned for viruses, however, files attached to this e-mail may contain viruses that could harm the systems of the recipient. Any opinions expressed in this email must be confirmed in writing and signed by the sender to have legal validity.
Re: Level3 or NTT US New Jersey outage [ In reply to ]
There was a Level3 issue in the north east that was resolved about an
hour ago, related to what I believe was a failed amp, that was causing
issues with transport circuits.

Re: Level3 or NTT US New Jersey outage [ In reply to ]
I live in Northern Bergen County, NJ in an area that has pretty solid
street power (no outages in 10 years, and about 4 power blinks in that
time).  Yesterday, a little after 6pm (Eastern Time), I had a 2 second
power blink.   My guess is the internet issues you were seeing were
related to power blink.

Pete

Pete Rohrman
Stage2 Support
212 497 8000, Opt. 2

Re: Level3 or NTT US New Jersey outage [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the information everyone.

Last update I got from my NOC is there’s an issue between NTT and the local carrier that I think is Level3. Techs are trying to isolate the issue.

Matt Goli | IT Manager - Network Infrastructure
Waupaca Foundry, Inc.
1955 Brunner Drive | P.O Box 249 | Waupaca, WI 54981