Mailing List Archive

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Explosion in Nashville
It?s pretty common since NG normally flows

________________________________
From: Outages <outages-bounces@outages.org> on behalf of Matt Hoppes via Outages <outages@outages.org>
Sent: Friday, December 25, 2020 4:50:05 PM
To: Brian Knight via Outages <outages@outages.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [outages] Explosion in Nashville

CAUTION: The e-mail below is from an external source. Please exercise caution before opening attachments, clicking links, or following guidance.

Why would you use natural gas for your backup power??? That just causes issues like this.

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.
Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Explosion in Nashville [ In reply to ]
Until it doesn’t. Diesel is always there as long as the tank is full.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Explosion in Nashville [ In reply to ]
Yes, but you have to have on-site storage, and the diesel goes bad over time if not consumed. Like the other poster said, every option has pros and cons.
On Dec 25, 2020 4:04 PM, Matt Hoppes via Outages <outages@outages.org> wrote:
Until it doesn’t. Diesel is always there as long as the tank is full.

&#xfeff; It’s pretty common since NG normally flows

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Explosion in Nashville [ In reply to ]
Diesel works until it doesn't. Remember the NY situation during Sandy?

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Explosion in Nashville [ In reply to ]
Yes. Obviously you need large enough reserves.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Explosion in Nashville [ In reply to ]
I find this very interesting as well

“ The Federal Aviation Administration said an air traffic control tower at the Nashville International Airport lost phone and internet capabilities around 1 p.m. because of a phone line outage.

The outage resulted in
the Memphis Air Traffic Control Center, which handles high-altitude traffic out
of Nashville, to stop air traffic in and around the airport beginning at 2 p.m.
local time. ”

ATC doesn’t have redundant systems in place?

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Explosion in Nashville [ In reply to ]
Yet another reminder that this is not a discussion list, and that there IS a discussion list. It baffles me that people on this list are so hellbent on not using the discuss list for discussion.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Explosion in Nashville [ In reply to ]
My apologies. I thought we were on the discussion list. Not sure how the thread jumped back.