Mailing List Archive

Verizon Fios residential packet loss - Boston area
Several employees in the Boston area working from home are reporting sudden high ping and packet loss to traffic going to any Comcast (AS7922) destination, specifically with our IPsec and VoIP clients.
Re: Verizon Fios residential packet loss - Boston area [ In reply to ]
I can concur that there are issues between the 2 providers, although I am not sure about who is at fault.

I have few Boston area Comcast users facing issues reaching our office on Verizon. Non-Comcast users seem to be OK.

MTR from Verizon (Boston) to Comcast (Boston) user seem to take the scenic route through GA, VA and NJ. I have not had a chance to test from Comcast to our office.

Down-detector also shows an uptick in cases for both providers.

[cid:image001.png@01D6C24A.8393FA90]

Bobin Joseph Senior Network Engineer
Direct +1 858-380-3052
lytx.com

=============== CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments contain information from Lytx, Inc. and/or its affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s). This e-mail may contain confidential information of Lytx and its customers. Any dissemination of this e-mail by anyone other than an intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are not a named recipient, you are prohibited from any further viewing of the e-mail or any attachments or from making any use of the e-mail or attachments. If you believe you have received this e-mail in error, notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the e-mail, any attachments, and all copies thereof from any drives or storage media and destroy any printouts of the e-mail or attachments.