Mailing List Archive

Packet loss to 1.1.1.1 Cloudflare via Equinix Chicago?
Anyone else seeing packet loss to 1.1.1.1 via Equinix Chicago IX?

Erich Kaiser
Re: Packet loss to 1.1.1.1 Cloudflare via Equinix Chicago? [ In reply to ]
I saw your message, ran an MTR, saw the loss. Went to re-run the MTR as a
report, no more loss. Perhaps it's fixed?
Re: Packet loss to 1.1.1.1 Cloudflare via Equinix Chicago? [ In reply to ]
Keep in mind that packet loss to DNS servers is not an indication of an
issue, could be cosmetic. Control plane policing is a thing and too many
folks use DNS servers for IPSLA. Look into using polling servers that you
own or that are provided to you to use as such.

- Mike Bolitho

Re: Packet loss to 1.1.1.1 Cloudflare via Equinix Chicago? [ In reply to ]
That makes sense as we see if from one host but not another. Yeah we
don't use it to measure performance, just tested for a customer seeing the
issues. I agree 100% should not be used for IPSLA.

Erich Kaiser