Mailing List Archive

flightradar24.com down as of 1:55 CDT
downforeveryoneorjustme.com shows them down.

Unreachable via the web.

Mobile app mostly non-functional as well.

For people who have their own receiver set up to send data to them, they seem to work fine which makes sense as it is a local device.

Cloudflare Error 522 when trying to access their site, saying “Host Error."

They are the largest, or one of the largest, flight tracking sites globally.

----
Andy Ringsmuth
5609 Harding Drive
Lincoln, NE 68521-5831
(402) 304-0083
andy@andyring.com

“Better even die free, than to live slaves.” - Frederick Douglas, 1863

Re: flightradar24.com down as of 1:55 CDT [ In reply to ]
Seems ok now.

https://www.flightradar24.com/

Re: flightradar24.com down as of 1:55 CDT [ In reply to ]
Down again the last few hours. Their Twitter feed says it’s a DDOS, third time in 2 days.

Rumors floating that Turkey is behind it as their military aircraft show up and they are allegedly moving a bunch of assets to (I think) Azerbaijan. I’m not familiar with whatever regional conflict is happening over there.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: flightradar24.com down as of 1:55 CDT [ In reply to ]
Azerbaijan is fighting it out with neighbor Armenia over disputed territory. Both reside between Georgia and Iran (and east of Turkey), which is why "Western" people such as you and I aren't generally exposed to this bit of information.

Interesting that someone decided to DDOS only one of the three (that I know of) real-time ADS-B sites.

Rob++

> Down again the last few hours. Their Twitter feed says it’s a DDOS, third time
> in 2 days.
>
> Rumors floating that Turkey is behind it as their military aircraft show up and
> they are allegedly moving a bunch of assets to (I think) Azerbaijan. I’m not
> familiar with whatever regional conflict is happening over there.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>

> On Sep 27, 2020, at 3:50 PM, Joly MacFie <jolynyc@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Seems ok now.
>
> [ https://www.flightradar24.com/ | https://www.flightradar24.com/ ]
>
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 3:06 PM Andy Ringsmuth via Outages < [
> mailto:outages@outages.org | outages@outages.org ] > wrote:
>

> [ http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ | downforeveryoneorjustme.com ] shows them
> down.
>
> Unreachable via the web.
>
> Mobile app mostly non-functional as well.
>
> For people who have their own receiver set up to send data to them, they seem to
> work fine which makes sense as it is a local device.
>
> Cloudflare Error 522 when trying to access their site, saying “Host Error."
>

> They are the largest, or one of the largest, flight tracking sites globally.
>

> ----
> Andy Ringsmuth
> 5609 Harding Drive
> Lincoln, NE 68521-5831
> (402) 304-0083
> [ mailto:andy@andyring.com | andy@andyring.com ]
>
> “Better even die free, than to live slaves.” - Frederick Douglas, 1863

Internet: windsor@warthog.com
Life: Rob@Van_Alstyne.Texas.USA.Earth

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."
-- Major General John Sedgwick