Latest update from Zayo:

*Zayo NOC** on **2020-09-17*
Current Update:Our OSP crews have arrived on the location where the lid to
a vault has collapsed in Herndon, VA.
The damage was caused by a Semi trailer crashing into our vault crushing
all-fiber splice cases. at this time we are approximating an 864 fiber
count damaged.We are currently removing the debris to assess the extent of
damage and to work towards a plan of repair, no ETR at this time.
Re: Zayo fiber cut in Herndon, VA [ In reply to ]
*Thu Sep 17 18:27:03 GMT 2020*
Current Update:OSP crews are still on-site removing debris to expose the
damaged fiber. crews are taking caution as to not cause injury to
themselves or make further damages on the fibers below, there is no ETR at
this time.

*Thu Sep 17 19:31:36 GMT 2020*
Current Update:Our teams have worked to pull away the debris within the
handhold structure and did not identify that are cables were damaged there
as we initially expected.We now have crews en route to a second location
where our utility locating crews have identified a cable strike. The
location of this damage is at Fairlakes Pkwy and Ripling Pond Dr.
Construction and splicers are headed to this location now to assess the
damage. We know this is an 864 ct cable at this location. Will have more
details on the amount of damage once our crews arrive on site.

Re: Zayo fiber cut in Herndon, VA [ In reply to ]
*Zayo NOC** on **2020-09-17*
Current Update:Our OSP crew has arrived Onsite at the second location (Fair
Lakes Parkway & Rippling Pond in Fairfax.) The damage was caused by
construction, our crews will have to replace1500 feet of 864 and 432 ct
fiber. We are expecting the repair to take approx 18 hours to complete.

Re: Zayo fiber cut in Herndon, VA [ In reply to ]
CASE UPDATES
Fri Sep 18 01:20:30 GMT 2020
All conduit has been exposed. They are working to repair the damaged
sections now.

Fri Sep 18 00:27:43 GMT 2020
Current Update:
The Crew has exposed one end of the damage and proofed about 500'. They are
digging the asphalt bike trail to get to the other end of the damage.
Estimate about 2 hrs before the conduit is ready.

Re: Zayo fiber cut in Herndon, VA [ In reply to ]
Fri Sep 18 03:18:07 GMT 2020
Current Update:
OSP has completed the conduit repair and is proofing it now. The crew will
begin to pull cable shortly and begin to splice after the pulling is
completed.

Re: Zayo fiber cut in Herndon, VA [ In reply to ]
I skipped some updates but here's the most recent oneL
*Fri Sep 18 15:07:10 GMT 2020*
Current Update:All repairs have been completed, we are calling Dark fiber
customers now to verify services are restored. once confirmed we will
notify you when crews are hands-off