Mailing List Archive

3556 problems
Okay, it's pretty clear that they're having trouble. :-) Let's limit it now to actual tickets and reports of clearance.
Re: 3556 problems [ In reply to ]
For those who aren't on the master CL ticket, here is the latest from CL. Ticket number: 19545403

08/30/2020 13:19:02 GMT - The IP NOC has isolated multiple Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) issues causing service impacts across multiple markets. Cooperative escalated investigation efforts with CenturyLink leadership are underway to isolate and troubleshoot the issue and expedite service restoral.

Okay, it's pretty clear that they're having trouble. :-) Let's limit it now to actual tickets and reports of clearance.
Re: 3556 problems [ In reply to ]
Not on that ticket, so thanks a ton for the update! Execs are asking
questions about what's going on and it's nice to give them feedback!

Re: 3556 problems [ In reply to ]
Here is their latest update:

The IP NOC with the assistance of the Operations Engineering team confirmed a routing issue to be preventing BGP sessions from establishing correctly. A configuration adjustment was deployed at a high level, and sessions began to re-establish with stability. As the change propagates through the affected devices, service affecting alarms continue to clear.

Due to the nature of this outage, it may be necessary to reset your services locally at your equipment, or manually reset your BGP session. If after that action has been performed a service issue prevails, please contact the CenturyLink Repair Center for troubleshooting assistance.

Next update by: 2020-08-30 15:50 GMT

This notification is sent from an unmonitored email account. Please click the link below to reply:

mailto:SMC@CenturyLink.com?subject=RE%3A%20CenturyLink%20Ticket%20#:%2019545403,&body=Customer%20Reply%3A%0D%0A

Notes History:

08/30/2020 14:46:29 GMT - The IP NOC with the assistance of the Operations Engineering team confirmed a routing issue to be preventing BGP sessions from establishing correctly. A configuration adjustment was deployed at a high level, and sessions began to re-establish with stability. As the change propagates through the affected devices, service affecting alarms continue to clear.

Due to the nature of this outage, it may be necessary to reset your services locally at your equipment, or manually reset your BGP session. If after that action has been performed a service issue prevails, please contact the CenturyLink Repair Center for troubleshooting assistance.

08/30/2020 13:19:02 GMT - The IP NOC has isolated multiple Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) issues causing service impacts across multiple markets. Cooperative escalated investigation efforts with CenturyLink leadership are underway to isolate and troubleshoot the issue and expedite service restoral.

08/30/2020 12:14:09 GMT - The IP NOC advises cooperative escalated investigation and troubleshooting efforts remain ongoing this time.

08/30/2020 11:36:30 GMT - The IP NOC is engaged in cooperative escalated investigations to isolate and troubleshoot the fault at this time.

08/30/2020 10:48:38 GMT - On August 30, 2020 10:04 GMT, CenturyLink identified a market wide. As this network fault is impacting multiple clients, the event has increased visibility with CenturyLink leadership. As such, client trouble tickets associated to this fault have been automatically escalated to higher priority.

The NOC is engaged and investigating in order to isolate the cause. Please be advised that updates for this event will be relayed at a minimum of hourly unless otherwise noted. The information conveyed hereafter is associated to live troubleshooting effort and as the discovery process evolves through to service resolution, ticket closure, or post incident review, details may evolve.