Mailing List Archive

CenturyLink peering issues?
We have been seeing serious issues with Level3/CenturyLink services
over the past hour or so. Everything on-net seems OK, but transit
traffic looks to have problems. Thoughts?
Re: CenturyLink peering issues? [ In reply to ]
Confirmed Level3 carrier issue from the Orlando region --- possibly my other data centers as well (haven't checked them yet, been focusing on my ORL-FL outage).

Odd part --- I disconnected my Level3 circuit at the ORL-FL facility so that I could fully failover to my other carrier link.
Level3 is still advertising my routes, even though my link and BGP session is down.

er-02.orl-fl> show interfaces descriptions | match Level3
xe-2/0/0 down down LEVEL3 |

er-02.orl-fl> show bgp summary | match 3356
67.30.142.81 3356 0 0 0 0 27:43 Active
2001:1900:2100::26ad 3356 0 0 0 0 27:43 Idle

BGP routing table entry for 209.208.0.0/17
Versions:
Process bRIB/RIB SendTblVer
Speaker 86180864 86180864
Last Modified: May 16 05:47:52.095 for 15w1d
Paths: (25 available, best #25)
Advertised IPv4 Unicast paths to update-groups (with more than one peer):
0.1 0.2 0.8 0.9 0.10
Path #1: Received by speaker 0
Not advertised to any peer
3356 6364
129.250.8.174 (metric 9340) from 129.250.0.2 (129.250.0.2)
Origin IGP, metric 4294967294, localpref 100, valid, confed-internal
Received Path ID 0, Local Path ID 0, version 0
Community: 2914:390 2914:1003 2914:2000 2914:3000 65504:3356
Path #2: Received by speaker 0
Not advertised to any peer
3356 6364
129.250.9.50 (metric 24142) from 129.250.0.6 (129.250.0.6)
Origin IGP, metric 4294967294, localpref 100, valid, confed-internal
Received Path ID 0, Local Path ID 0, version 0
Community: 2914:390 2914:1214 2914:2213 2914:3200 65504:3356
Path #3: Received by speaker 0
Not advertised to any peer
174 6364
130.117.15.89 (metric 24174) from 129.250.0.13 (129.250.0.13)
Origin IGP, metric 4294967294, localpref 100, valid, confed-internal
Received Path ID 0, Local Path ID 0, version 0
Community: 2914:390 2914:1204 2914:2205 2914:3200 65504:174
Path #4: Received by speaker 0

Regards,

Stephen Flynn
Atlantic.Net