Mailing List Archive

Zoom authentication outage
Zoom is reporting authentication issues preventing users from logging in. Receiving reports from multiple users having trouble joining meetings.

Doesn't seem to affect folks who are already logged in

https://status.zoom.us/
Re: Zoom authentication outage [ In reply to ]
Welcome to day 1 of cyber school for thousands and thousands of students.
Zoom, Canvas, they are all suffering right now. We can only hope the
infrastructure is able to recover and/or be improved before this gets
really bad.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 10:36 AM William Peebles via Outages <
outages@outages.org> wrote:

> Zoom is reporting authentication issues preventing users from logging in.
> Receiving reports from multiple users having trouble joining meetings.
>
> Doesn't seem to affect folks who are already logged in
>
> https://status.zoom.us/

*Brian Pitt*
ValuePetSupplies.com <http://www.valuepetsupplies.com>
*Webmaster*
p: 518.290.1204
Re: Zoom authentication outage [ In reply to ]
The login failures only seem to be happening when you use a URL to connect to the meeting. Launching the Zoom app on your device and manually entering the meeting number (and password) do allow successful connections.
Tks,
R.

Rob Repp
Network Administrator
Winnetka Public Schools District 36
robrepp@winnetka36.org
847.501.2848 (w)
847.722.1282 (m)

"Conatus es pausa et denuo initus?”

> On Aug 24, 2020, at 9:33 AM, William Peebles via Outages <outages@outages.org> wrote:
>
> Zoom is reporting authentication issues preventing users from logging in. Receiving reports from multiple users having trouble joining meetings.
>
> Doesn't seem to affect folks who are already logged in
>
> https://status.zoom.us/ <https://status.zoom.us/>

Tech Support Help Desk:

* help@winnetka36.org
<mailto:help@winnetka36.org>
Re: Zoom authentication outage [ In reply to ]
A number of Phoenix-area schools are reporting a wide variety of Zoom
issues. It's the first day of nationwide schooling online, I think. Deer
Valley district has told teachers to move to Canvas to do what they can.
...Now...problems with Canvas. Expect a long day of issues.

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 10:00 AM Rob Repp via Outages <outages@outages.org>
wrote:

> The login failures only seem to be happening when you use a URL to connect
> to the meeting. Launching the Zoom app on your device and manually entering
> the meeting number (and password) do allow successful connections.
> Tks,
> R.
>

> *Rob Repp*
> Network Administrator
> Winnetka Public Schools District 36
> robrepp@winnetka36.org
> 847.501.2848 (w)
> 847.722.1282 (m)
>
> "Conatus es pausa et denuo initus?”
>

> On Aug 24, 2020, at 9:33 AM, William Peebles via Outages <
> outages@outages.org> wrote:
>
> Zoom is reporting authentication issues preventing users from logging in.
> Receiving reports from multiple users having trouble joining meetings.
>
> Doesn't seem to affect folks who are already logged in
>
> https://status.zoom.us/
>

> Tech Support Help Desk:
>
> - help@winnetka36.org

Carlos Alvarez
602-368-6403
Re: Zoom authentication outage [ In reply to ]
outages> A number of Phoenix-area schools are reporting a wide variety
outages> of Zoom issues.

And CO/COS reporting issues with Schoology.

Online learning can be so much fun. Apparenlty includes labs in network
debugging and disaster recovery.