Frontier Tampa FL high latency and loss
Seeing high latency (300+ms) and loss (~10%) to customers inside AS5650.
Customers all seem to be inside 47.206.0.0/16, All paths I have access to
either reach Frontier via Level 3 (Tested from Cogent, Crown Castle,
Comcast DIA's), Or the FL-IX (Tested from Hurricane Electric). All paths go
through Miami that I've tested thus far.

Attempting to open tickets on the FIOS circuits I manage is resulting in
long hold times (40+ minutes).
Re: Frontier Tampa FL high latency and loss [ In reply to ]
Just chiming in to say I see it too, but it's not the last-mile, only
certain paths are affected:
[image: image.png]

My client here is in another netblock 47.196.128.0/18 but still affected.
Some paths with no loss (like to Cox Cable) do have crazy high 400+ms
latency, whereas the path to AT&T is entirely unaffected.

Thanks for the ticket work, hopefully it solves this for all of us.

- Cary

Re: Frontier Tampa FL high latency and loss [ In reply to ]
As of about 15 minutes ago we briefly lost all connectivity to Frontier
(All logged in VPN sessions terminated), When it returned ~20 seconds
later. The latency and loss were gone. Seems to be holding strong since.

Re: Frontier Tampa FL high latency and loss [ In reply to ]
I'm having horrible, intermittent packet loss for IPs in the 47.189.194.0/24
range. It will be fine for 20-ish minutes, then have several bouts of 100%
packet loss for a minute or two each.