Broad Frontier DNS outage
Seems to be a broad Frontier DNS outage affecting primarily residential
and maybe business service customers.

Chatter on Frontier's official Twitter support account[1] and
workaround appears to be pointing DNS settings to a 3rd party DNS
service.

Ray

[1] https://twitter.com/AskFrontier/with_replies
Re: Broad Frontier DNS outage [ In reply to ]
I haven't seen that they were blaming it on a third partying, and I wouldn't expect them to be farming out primary customer resolver service to a third party in a case, but the spike in this appears to have been around noon, and reports have been trailing off since then. This one's probably clear by now, or at least practically so.