Mailing List Archive

Fios in NYC area?
getting complaints from customers using FiOS of packet loss to our data
center
but getting word there is an issue in NYC area with other data centers too?

--

Izzy Goldstein

Chief Technology Officer

Main: (212) 477-1000 x 2085 <(212)%20477-1000>

Direct: (929) 477-2085

Website: www.telego.com <http://www.telego.net/>

<http://www.telego.com/>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have
received this e-mail in error please notify us immediately by email reply
and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or
distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any
views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of TeleGo (T). Employees of TeleGo
are expressly required not to make defamatory statements and not to
infringe or authorize any infringement of copyright or any other legal
right by email communications. Any such communication is contrary to TeleGo
policy and outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned.
TeleGo will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and
the employee responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other
liability arising.

TeleGo Hosted PBX <https://youtu.be/DaT8YAZ4V0w>
Re: Fios in NYC area? [ In reply to ]
I've definitely seen loss from FiOS circuits in Manhattan and Long Island
to many routes (examples: AT&T and Cox, but not Google's local 8.8.8.8
resolver) starting around 8:45pm EDT last night.

Some graphs:
24-hour Long Island FiOS to Cox:
[image: image.png]
2-hour Long Island FiOS to Cox:
[image: image.png]
2-hour Manhattan to FiOS to AT&T:
[image: image.png]

And of course New York is one of the IPv6 FiOS regions that broke
traditional traceroute, so it's tougher than normal to nail down which
router is the culprit. I have some UDP MTRs running now which should
hopefully answer that question.

I've seen several days of high latency and intermittent loss to many
Verizon peers via their old ALTER.NET routers in the DC region too, which
may or may not be related.

No, it's not just you. But it's not the last-mile FiOS either. Looks like
Verizon backbone routing woes.

- Cary