Mailing List Archive

KNOWN OUTAGE: Facebook/spam flagging
Apparently, as Facebook itself transitions to WfH, things aren't flying as
well on autopilot as they'd hoped. Starting sometime today, or last night,
the codebase has been throwing lots of false positives primarily about shared
articles and posts concerning... coronavirus.

Isn't it ironic... doncha think?

While I've gotten put in the FB penalty box 6 times in the last 5 weeks for
things that look like this, they weren't topic-specific, and I don't in fact
think they're related.

But, make sure your eyeball support services know about this one.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2020/03/17/facebook-appears-marking-coronavirus-posts-spam/5074787002

Followups to -discussion.

Cheers,
-- jr '</admin>' a