I'm seeing multiple locations on comcast business failing across TN and VA today, as well as seemingly the entirety of Holston Connect Fiber in TN. Is there a backbone failure, possibly due to the tornados that hit Nashville last night?

Thanks!
--

[cid:image001.png@01D5F150.71336910]
Rob Hall, CCNP, CCP-V - IT Manager
C 423.312.6003 | O 423.272.7897 | F 423.765.1881
1040 Tidewater Court, Kingsport, TN 37660
rhall@lstaff.com<mailto:rhall@lstaff.com> | luttrellstaffing.com

Re: Comcast Business outage [ In reply to ]
Most likely due to the tornadoes in the Nashville area overnight:

https://weather.com/news/news/2020-03-03-tennessee-tornado-damage-deaths-severe-storms

I have a few subscribers in the Cookeville area (on Twin Lakes fiber) who
are seeing increased latency/packet loss, all of which started about the
time the tornadoes hit. My understanding is Twin Lakes is minus several
uplink circuits at this point, so what's left is likely overloaded. All a
result of the tornadoes. Other providers are most likely affected as well.

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 11:40 AM Rob Hall via Outages <outages@outages.org>
wrote:

> I’m seeing multiple locations on comcast business failing across TN and VA
> today, as well as seemingly the entirety of Holston Connect Fiber in TN.
> Is there a backbone failure, possibly due to the tornados that hit
> Nashville last night?
>

> Thanks!
>
> --
>

> *Rob Hall, **CCNP, CCP-V – **IT Manager*
> C 423.312.6003 | O 423.272.7897 | F 423.765.1881
>
> 1040 Tidewater Court, Kingsport, TN 37660
>
> *rhall@lstaff.com <rhall@lstaff.com>* | luttrellstaffing.com

Jeremy Gault, KD4NED
Senior Engineer, Voiceopia
+1 (423) 509-0000 (office)
+1 (855) 203-6363 (toll-free)
+1 (423) 250-5411 (fax)
"It's better to give than to receive. Especially advice." - Mark Twain
Re: Comcast Business outage [ In reply to ]
Once upon a time, Jeremy Gault, KD4NED (Senior Engineer) <jeremy@voiceopia.com> said:
> I have a few subscribers in the Cookeville area (on Twin Lakes fiber) who
> are seeing increased latency/packet loss, all of which started about the
> time the tornadoes hit. My understanding is Twin Lakes is minus several
> uplink circuits at this point, so what's left is likely overloaded. All a
> result of the tornadoes. Other providers are most likely affected as well.

Yep, we also have a down Windstream circuit that goes through the
Nashville area. We've received an update that the affected segment is
on Crown Castle fiber, and as of 1:15 CST they're on site. They are
working to bypass two known fiber breaks, as well as checking for any
additional breaks.

We've been seeing intermittent latency spikes to Twin Lakes. I know
some folks there and am sure they're doing what they can, but... natural
disasters are not something easily handled.

--
Chris Adams <cma@cmadams.net>