Mailing List Archive

spike of echo complaints
did anyone else notice a spike in complaints of hearing echo on calls ?
noticed it on outgoing calls mostly

--

Izzy Goldstein

Website: www.telego.com <http://www.telego.net/>

<http://www.telego.com/>

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have
received this e-mail in error please notify us immediately by email reply
and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or
distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any
views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of TeleGo (T). Employees of TeleGo
are expressly required not to make defamatory statements and not to
infringe or authorize any infringement of copyright or any other legal
right by email communications. Any such communication is contrary to TeleGo
policy and outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned.
TeleGo will not accept any liability in respect of such communication, and
the employee responsible will be personally liable for any damages or other
liability arising.

TeleGo Hosted PBX <https://youtu.be/DaT8YAZ4V0w>
Re: spike of echo complaints [ In reply to ]
What provider?

Re: spike of echo complaints [ In reply to ]
What origination?

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

Re: spike of echo complaints [ In reply to ]
We've been experiencing several issues since Tuesday, including echo
complaints.

A call this morning was identified as originating from Cingular Wireless
(AT&T), and the description was:

"she said it was mainly all static and echo from her talking"

We have also received several complaints of one-way and zero-way audio on
Tuesday, which were identified as originating from:

* Sprint
* T-Mobile
* GoogleFi

Those issues have mostly cleared up without intervention, but they did
include echo complaints as well.

On 01/02/20?15:17?-0500, Josh Luthman via Outages wrote:
>What origination?
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 2, 2020, 3:00 PM Izzy Goldstein - TeleGo via Outages <
>> outages@outages.org> wrote:
>>
>>> did anyone else notice a spike in complaints of hearing echo on calls ?
>>> noticed it on outgoing calls mostly

--
Dan White
BTC Broadband
Re: spike of echo complaints [ In reply to ]
The first place you need to start with is your VoIP provider. Just because
you have a spike doesn't mean the industry is. It could be your PBX, the
LAN/WAN your phones are on, the carrier your provider uses, the other party
on the call, tons of things.

Brian Ladd
Customer Care Manager
Voiceopia Communications

Re: spike of echo complaints [ In reply to ]
Brian,

These calls are entering our switch on tandem/toll-ld trunks. We contacted
the tandem on Tuesday, but got a terse "not our problem" response.

These problems don't seem to effecting all terminated calls, and we have
had our own customers help to narrow down bad calls to specific providers.

We do not have a business relationship with any of the providers below,
leaving us to wait the problem out, which is frustrating.