From: Outages <outages-bounces@outages.org> On Behalf Of outages-request@outages.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 09:26
To: outages@outages.org
Subject: Outages Digest, Vol 137, Issue 35

Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 14:23:49 -0700
From: Hugo Slabbert <mailto:hslabbert@demonware.net>
To: Jared Mauch <mailto:jared@puck.nether.net>
<mailto:outages@outages.org>
Subject: Re: [outages] Fast.com down

Hey Jared,

We saw an increase in 503s through our outbound proxies for
api.steampowered.com around that window, starting around 18:15 UTC and
tapering off around 19:50 UTC, on roughly 90% of our requests to
api.steampowered.com. I'm not sure it's necessarily DNS related, though,
as api.steampowered.com has an A record for 23.214.170.106. The PTR on
that is a23-214-170-106.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com, though. This
is just a correlation; I don't have anything conclusive at the moment, just
that it lines up roughly with that noted window.

fast.com is similar: Forward is an A record, but reverse on that resolved
address is a generated name under deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com.

Hugo Slabbert

Network Engineer
Phone: 778-375-3736

Email: mailto:hslabbert@demonware.net

369 Terminal Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6A 4C4 Canada

http://www.demonware.net