Mailing List Archive

sales critter Ben Reynolds
I'm sure many of us got email from this critter, since he seems to be
scraping posts to get email addrs to annoy with spam.

List moderator: can you please yank them?

List: got another company/critter to add to the "never do business with
ever list"...

--
Re: sales critter Ben Reynolds [ In reply to ]
This person spammed all sorts of weird addresses for projects that I run (eg: Open Resolver) so clearly has no clue.

That domain is currently banned on my mail server so it’s unlikely they can get anything else through.

- Jared

Re: sales critter Ben Reynolds [ In reply to ]
I can confirm that I also received spam from that organization. Can't
remember if the name was the same.

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 11:54 AM Jared Mauch via Outages <
outages@outages.org> wrote:

> This person spammed all sorts of weird addresses for projects that I run
> (eg: Open Resolver) so clearly has no clue.
>
> That domain is currently banned on my mail server so it’s unlikely they
> can get anything else through.
>
> - Jared
>
> > On Oct 19, 2019, at 12:37 PM, PE via Outages <outages@outages.org>
> wrote:
> >

> > I'm sure many of us got email from this critter, since he seems to be
> > scraping posts to get email addrs to annoy with spam.
> >
> > List moderator: can you please yank them?
> >
> > List: got another company/critter to add to the "never do business with
> > ever list"...
> >
> > --
> > <1.eml>_______________________________________________

Matt Harris - Chief Security Officer
Security, Compliance, and Engineering
Phone: +1-816-256-5446
Email: matt@netfire.net
Re: sales critter Ben Reynolds [ In reply to ]
Late to the party, but I received it as well. Exact same message (attached) as OP. Banhammer time?

Also, hi spammy Ben! Bye spammy Ben.

--
Christopher Conley
Systems Administrator | Fors Marsh Group

Email: matt@netfire.net<mailto:matt@netfire.net>
[https://netfire.net/wp-content/uploads/logo_sig.png]
Re: sales critter Ben Reynolds [ In reply to ]
Count me in too. Gmail was kind enough to identify it for what it was and
send it to spam.

On Tue, 22 Oct 2019 at 00:35, Christopher Conley via Outages <
outages@outages.org> wrote:

> Late to the party, but I received it as well. Exact same message
> (attached) as OP. Banhammer time?
>

> Also, hi spammy Ben! Bye spammy Ben.
>

> --
>
> Christopher Conley
>
> Systems Administrator | Fors Marsh Group
>
> 1010 N. Glebe Rd, Suite 510
>
> Arlington, VA 22201

veg·e·tar·i·an:
Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride
Re: sales critter Ben Reynolds [ In reply to ]
After emailing the group yesterday, Ben Reynolds contacted me as well. Can
he be banned, please?

Re: sales critter Ben Reynolds [ In reply to ]
I messaged Ben on LinkedIn. I got the following response:

"Man, to be honest, I’m not responsible for acquiring potential prospect contact information. I am in sales and follow up with current leads. I apologize if all those emails got on our mailing list. Just respond “stop” and I’ll get whoever taken off the list. The response emails come to me.”

I’m under the impression that he himself did not do this but rather someone who dumped the mailing list addresses as “leads”. If you do email Ben personally, please don’t be rude with him. Though someone at the company still did a very bad thing.

Best,
Tanner

Re: sales critter Ben Reynolds [ In reply to ]
I mean I’m all for chasing off salespeople and all, and I love this list. But sometimes….

“I’m annoyed I received one SPAM message. Let’s spend the next 3 days sending 25 messages about the SPAM to the whole list so we can make sure it never happens again.”

It kinda seems like a cure that is worse than the disease…

I can confirm that I also received spam from that organization. Can't remember if the name was the same.

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 11:54 AM Jared Mauch via Outages <outages@outages.org<mailto:outages@outages.org>> wrote:
This person spammed all sorts of weird addresses for projects that I run (eg: Open Resolver) so clearly has no clue.

That domain is currently banned on my mail server so it’s unlikely they can get anything else through.

- Jared

> On Oct 19, 2019, at 12:37 PM, PE via Outages <outages@outages.org<mailto:outages@outages.org>> wrote:
>

> I'm sure many of us got email from this critter, since he seems to be
> scraping posts to get email addrs to annoy with spam.
>
> List moderator: can you please yank them?
>
> List: got another company/critter to add to the "never do business with
> ever list"...
>
> --
> <1.eml>_______________________________________________

Matt Harris - Chief Security Officer
Security, Compliance, and Engineering
Phone: +1-816-256-5446
Email: matt@netfire.net<mailto:matt@netfire.net>
[https://netfire.net/wp-content/uploads/logo_sig.png]

veg·e·tar·i·an:
Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride

WARNING: This communication and its inclusions may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of the intended recipients(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.
Re: sales critter Ben Reynolds [ In reply to ]
Speaking of which, THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION LIST. Take this thread
somewhere else.