Thanks,
Kyle Duren
NWInfo.Net
Washington Charter? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 09:13 -0700, Kyle Duren wrote:
> Were seeing a pretty major outtage here in Central Washington:
>
> 12 90 ms 91 ms 94 ms gx-x.cr01.mdfd.or.charter.com [68.116.79.10]
> 13 * * * Request timed out.
>
> This is affecting their cable customers and a few ISPs in town that use
> them for backbone services. Supposedly they have a router out, and no ETA
> on fixing it.
>
> Any new info anywhere?

One of our connections is a fiber link with Charter that's backhaul is a
different interface on the same core router in Medford, OR.

We were advised of maintenance lasting from 00:00 to 06:00 PDT on both
April 2nd and 3rd. However, as of about 09:00 this morning, our
interface was still not passing traffic. It appears to be working again
as of right now (12:00).

Kameron Gasso
kgasso at visp.net
Washington Charter? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 12:02 -0700, Kameron Gasso wrote:
> One of our connections is a fiber link with Charter that's backhaul is a
> different interface on the same core router in Medford, OR.
>
> We were advised of maintenance lasting from 00:00 to 06:00 PDT on both
> April 2nd and 3rd. However, as of about 09:00 this morning, our
> interface was still not passing traffic. It appears to be working again
> as of right now (12:00).

Bad form replying to my own messages, I know... but it turns out we have
had intermittent issues periodically with this link throughout the day
since my last message. Additionally, our BGP session with Charter has
been dead since last night's maintenance, so we're only able to utilize
them for outbound traffic (by stuffing a static route in for them).

Their NOC is now reporting this as a "fiber cut" with no ETR.
Interesting...

Kameron Gasso
kgasso at visp.net