Mailing List Archive

Level3 fibre cut around Tampa Fl
I have been informed that there is a major outage in the Tampa,
Saint Petersburg Florida area but Level 3 would not confirm what the issue
was related to. Is anyone else experiencing problems in the Tampa Area?

Kevin Kelley

believed to be clean.
Level3 fibre cut around Tampa Fl [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 03:39:01PM -0500, kevink wrote:
> I have been informed that there is a major outage in the Tampa,
> Saint Petersburg Florida area but Level 3 would not confirm what the issue
> was related to. Is anyone else experiencing problems in the Tampa Area?

No, but I'm seeing packet loss all over the United States and Europe
for Telia-bound traffic. Telia's CustomerInfo page claims there's a
fibre cut somewhere around Chicago which is affecting their entire
Internet backbone:

Ticket nr : TT0007793
Starts : 2006-11-06 16:56
Ends/Fixed (est.) : 2006-11-06 19:00
Closed :
Updated : 2006-11-06 20:39

Description : There is currently stoppage in a number of connections in
Chicago and there can be capacityproblem.

Date/Time Action Log
fault are causing delays in the USA part of the network.

The odd thing is, I'm also seeing this affect local California-bound
IP traffic (such as San Jose <-> Fremont). I'm not sure how an
issue with Level 3 fibre OR an issue with Telia fibre would affect
close-proximity transit like that.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick jdc at parodius.com |
| Parodius Networking http://www.parodius.com/ |