Mailing List Archive

"set protocols evpn encapsulation vxlan" is missing in ACX7100
Hi all,
I am evaluating the AC7100 (Junos: 22.3R1.9-EVO) as a central GW in a VXLAN
solution.
In other juniper platforms, the following command is needed to turn on vni:
"set protocols evpn encapsulation switch"
In this platform it does not exist, however the system complains about this
particular command when trying to commit.
Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

# commit check
[edit vlans VLAN110]
'vxlan'
ovsdb, multicast-group, ingress-node-replication cannot be configured
together. ingress-node-replication must be configured when remote-vtep-list
is configured
[edit vlans VLAN110]
'vxlan'
One of multicast-group or ovsdb-managed or ingress-node-replication or
protocols evpn encapsulation vxlan or remote-vtep-list or riot-loopback
should be enabled
error: configuration check-out failed: (statements constraint check failed)

[edit]
Re: "set protocols evpn encapsulation vxlan" is missing in ACX7100 [ In reply to ]
> On 25/10/2022, at 22:21, niklas rehnberg via juniper-nsp <juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I am evaluating the AC7100 (Junos: 22.3R1.9-EVO) as a central GW in a VXLAN
> solution.
> In other juniper platforms, the following command is needed to turn on vni:
> "set protocols evpn encapsulation switch"
> In this platform it does not exist, however the system complains about this
> particular command when trying to commit.
> Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?
>
> # commit check
> [edit vlans VLAN110]
> 'vxlan'
> ovsdb, multicast-group, ingress-node-replication cannot be configured
> together. ingress-node-replication must be configured when remote-vtep-list
> is configured
> [edit vlans VLAN110]
> 'vxlan'
> One of multicast-group or ovsdb-managed or ingress-node-replication or
> protocols evpn encapsulation vxlan or remote-vtep-list or riot-loopback
> should be enabled
> error: configuration check-out failed: (statements constraint check failed)

When looking at the feature browser thingy I noted that ACX7100 EVPN only seems to support the MAC-VRF model, so it may be that you need to configure it slightly differently for it to be happy:
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/nce/information-products/pathway-pages/nce/EVPN_VxLAN_MAC-VRF.pdf

--
Nathan Ward