Mailing List Archive

Please recommend the cheapest refurbished Juniper network devices that I can buy to practice in a home lab
Subject: Please recommend the cheapest refurbished Juniper network
devices that I can buy to practice in a home lab

Good day from Singapore,

Please recommend the cheapest refurbished Juniper network devices that
I can buy to practice in a home lab.

I am aspiring to be a network engineer. I have studied CCNA in the year 2017.

Thank you.

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore
12 Aug 2022 Fri
Blogs:
https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.com
https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com
Re: Please recommend the cheapest refurbished Juniper network devices that I can buy to practice in a home lab [ In reply to ]
Good day my friend,

My personal recommendation is to purchase the SRX550. This device is
typically used as a firewall but has the ability to function as either a
Switch, Router or Firewall, hence the name "SRX".

Per a quick search on ebay I found one for $234. Granted this platform is
2U in size and I'm not sure if this will present issues, but the device can
support any feature set you wish to learn. I've included the link to the
data sheet for your reference.

SRX550M Services Gateway Datasheets | Juniper Networks US
<https://www.juniper.net/us/en/products/security/srx-series/srx550m-services-gateway-datasheet.html>

I work for Juniper and have two in my home lab in addition to other
platforms.

Hope this helps and wish you much success in your journey to learn Junos
and become a Junivator!

Take care,

George H