Mailing List Archive

MPC4E-3D-2CGE-8XGE
Re: MPC4E-3D-2CGE-8XGE [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 10:57 AM Mark Tinka via juniper-nsp
<juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net> wrote:
> > Is anybody using these cards? We need 100G port on our MX480's but
> > it's so expensive!
>
> The MPC7E might be a better option for 100Gbps. But if you don't have
> significant port and chassis requirements, the MX204 is worth considering.

Dario -

Friendly heads up that the annual support costs on MPC7E is incredibly
expensive.

So high that pre-pandemic prices it would've been cheaper to just buy
one off of eBay than pay for a year of support (If this matters to
you)

--Chris
Re: MPC4E-3D-2CGE-8XGE [ In reply to ]
On 4/13/22 18:25, Chris Wopat via juniper-nsp wrote:

> Dario -
>
> Friendly heads up that the annual support costs on MPC7E is incredibly
> expensive.
>
> So high that pre-pandemic prices it would've been cheaper to just buy
> one off of eBay than pay for a year of support (If this matters to
> you)

I intentionally neglected to mention that the MPC7E on the open market
is a steal. I figured the OP would, well, figure that out :-).

Mark.