considering this feature to gain a little more flexibility with our
legacy SNMP-based traffic accounting system.

Looking for any input on the subject matter, especially:

How is it in terms of stability / interaction with other features?

How scalable is it, how hard will the performance hit be when enabling it?
Any other experience you might be willing to share?

Thanks,

Felix

Re: Opinions on Source Class Usage / Destination Class Usage (SCU/DCU) [ In reply to ]
On 1/19/22 13:13, Felix Stolba via juniper-nsp wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Anyone able to help me out with some real world experience about Junos
> Source Class Usage (SCU) and Destination Class Usage (DCU)? We're
> considering this feature to gain a little more flexibility with our
> legacy SNMP-based traffic accounting system.
>
> Looking for any input on the subject matter, especially:
>

> How is it in terms of stability / interaction with other features?
>
> How scalable is it, how hard will the performance hit be when enabling
> it?
> Any other experience you might be willing to share?

We used it in a previous life, in the same way we used Cisco's QPPB to
track utilization data associated with specific routes. That was during
a time where there was a large delta between national and international
traffic.

When CDN's began to flood local markets and became part of the national
traffic, it made little sense for that use-case. But I'm sure there are
others who are using this for other purposes.

I've not seen any performance or scaling issues, across the older DPC
and newer MPC line cards.

Mark.