cost of an unplanned event negates the implied savings.

thoughts?

Mike
Re: Test Labs [ In reply to ]
    Yeah,

    We (and some of my customers CTOs) always created parallel Labs.
If you think about it, you *should* already have the spare parts
required for production, using them in the Lab enabled us to insure:

        . They are in working condition;

        . They are readily available to provision production/bootstrap
configuration in case of emergency;

        . We won't take down our world while goofing around =D.

    ( Yes, we do not have a complete MX960 in the lab... But we're
running an older MX240, or MX104, yadi yada )

-----
Alain Hebertahebert@pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770 Beaconsfield, Quebec H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911http://www.pubnix.net Fax: 514-990-9443