Mailing List Archive

QFX tag stacking help please
I have a 5110 18.1R3-S6.1 facing a trunk with a vlan coming with stacked.

Xe-0/0/46 comes in on 1079 with inner 776, 777.

I'm having a heck of a time figuring out the proper mapping to make this
work. Different docs don't seem to line up with available commands so I've
been getting nowhere on this.

I was assuming that input-vlan-map needs to pop and output-map-map needs to
push the 1079, but how do I specify 776, 777 to that sub?

flexible-vlan-tagging;

mtu 9216;

encapsulation extended-vlan-bridge;

unit 1079 {

vlan-id 1079;

input-vlan-map pop;

output-vlan-map push;

}

I've got a local named vlan for 776, and 776 coming into the switch from
other sources (the easy part). Where do I specify those vlans to hit the
port to the SP?

There will be other vlans with different inners on that port. So for
examples sake something like:

unit 1079 {

vlan-id 1079;

input-vlan-map pop;

output-vlan-map push;

}

unit 1080 {

vlan-id 1080;

input-vlan-map pop;

output-vlan-map push;

}

Where 1079 has 776, 777 and 1080 may have 500-510. Doesn't really matter
what they are as long as I can map at this stage.

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Re: QFX tag stacking help please [ In reply to ]
Eric,

I hope this helps - This is working on an ACX5048 chassis today, should be the same as the qfx:

description "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ";
flexible-vlan-tagging;
encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
unit 774 {
description "YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY";
encapsulation vlan-vpls;
vlan-id-list [ 2774 3774 ];
input-vlan-map {
push;
vlan-id 774;
}
output-vlan-map pop;
filter {
input police-100M;
output police-100M;
}
}
unit 990 {
description "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX";
encapsulation vlan-vpls;
vlan-id 990;
family vpls;
}

[...]

Links contained in this email have been replaced. If you click on a link in the email above, the link will be analyzed for known threats. If a known threat is found, you will not be able to proceed to the destination. If suspicious content is detected, you will see a warning.