This seems expected based on my experience with VLAN based demux where you have to drop the first dip of the double dip auth into the new RI in order for DHCP to be running in the same RI as the subscriber is terminated in.
So the problem I’m trying to solve is how to build the same style configuration as the double dip with dynamic VLANs but for a single shared switching domain with multiple subs.

The topology is as follows:
Subscribers, shared layer 2 domain in last mile provider -> MX on vlan 3558 -> demux per household -> IP interface

I’ve tried playing around with line-identity auto-configure but I can’t seem to get it working at all. Possible I’m trying to use it in the wrong way, the documentation seems to be missing bits of glue to tie all the concepts together.

Has anyone else solved this problem? Is this even possible? I do understand that even if it is possible there are many pitfalls with this approach, its just the old have to fudge a solution based on requirements outside of your control. Naturally PPPoE works great in this instance, but anyhow requirements are pushing to at least try for IPOE.

Cheers,
Fraser
Re: Juniper BNG - Termination of N:1 subscribers into different RI (DEMUX) [ In reply to ]
Hi,

It is possible - basically, you should have an almost identical
configuration for aaa and dhcp server in both routing contexts.

krasi@test>show subscribers
Interface IP Address/VLAN ID User Name
LS:RI
demux0.3221225528 1444
default:default
demux0.3221225529 100.16.0.42 retail
*default:retail*

Underlying (vlan based demux) interface for the dhcp subscriber is bound to
"default:default" routing context:
krasi@test> show subscribers client-type dhcp address 100.16.0.42 detail
|match under
Underlying Interface: demux0.3221225528

while the subscriber is terminated in "default:retail" routing context (as
specified by radius).

Debug confirms the move of route context:
Apr 29 15:38:53.798056
[MSTR][DEBUG][default:default][SVR][INET][demux0.3221225528][SID=131]
cedb_entry_rc_update_required: Client 65618 needs to be moved from INET
routing instance default:default to INET routing instance default:retail
Apr 29 15:38:53.798063
[MSTR][DEBUG][default:retail][SVR][INET][demux0.3221225528][SID=131]
cedb_entry_rc_update: Moved client 65618 from routing instance
default:default to routing instance default:retail
Apr 29 15:38:53.798068
[MSTR][DEBUG][default:retail][SVR][INET][demux0.3221225528][SID=131]
cedb_entry_rc_update: wholesale routing instance default:default number of
wholesale clients moved out : 1, retail routing instance default:retail
number of wholesale clients moved in :1

Best Regards,
Krasi