Mailing List Archive

Re: [RESOLVED] MX204: 802.3ad LAG 2 x 1 G with a Palo Alto firewall
Hello,

Eldon Koyle (Thu 2021-03-18 07:59:17 -0600) :
> We have noticed issues with autonegotiation 1G links on mx10003 which caused
> one side to be up while the other is down.  Disabling autonegotiation allowed
> the link to come up.
>
> We have not attempted link aggregation on gig ports, though.

Thank you for the advice. Actually, *setting* autonegotiation did the
trick.

set interfaces xe-0/1/4 gigether-options auto-negotiation
set interfaces xe-0/1/5 gigether-options auto-negotiation

The plain LAG without LACP seems to be working, I disabled/reenabled
in turn each interfaces and the link kept UP.

I feel ashemed not to have thinking about autoneg before, as it wasn't
necessary on the native 1G port of the MX5.

Thanks again to everybody!

Emmanuel Halbwachs DIO/CASTORS/Resp. Réseau,Sécurité
Observatoire de Paris ? +33 1 45 07 75 54
Campus Paris : 61 av. de l'Observatoire F 75014 PARIS
Campus Meudon : 11 av. Marcellin Berthelot F 92190 MEUDON
Re: [RESOLVED] MX204: 802.3ad LAG 2 x 1 G with a Palo Alto firewall [ In reply to ]
> On Mar 18, 2021, at 12:57 PM, Emmanuel Halbwachs <Emmanuel.Halbwachs@obspm.fr> wrote:
>
> I feel ashemed not to have thinking about autoneg before, as it wasn't
> necessary on the native 1G port of the MX5.

I think the MX-204 may be picky about gigE and 10gigE negotiation. I recently had fits getting a 204 to talk 10gig to a Nexus 77K router. Apparently some issues in the Eagle chip in the 204. If you have access, look up PR 1463015.

—Chris