and SFPP-10GE-LR.

From Juniper Hardware Compatibility Tool I can't find a difference
except SFPP-10GE-LR-IT has a widely operating temperature range
and SFPP-10GE-LR-IT price is lower. So it seems SFPP-10GE-LR-IT is a more
attractive choice.

Could you pls shed some lights on this and thanks for your help.

--
BR!

James Chen
Re: what's the difference between SFPP-10GE-LR-IT and SFPP-10GE-LR optcis [ In reply to ]
> On 21/02/2021, at 11:15 PM, Chen Jiang <ilovebgp4@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi! Experts
>
> I need some 10GE LR optics and found 2 options in Juniper : SFPP-10GE-LR-IT
> and SFPP-10GE-LR.
>
> From Juniper Hardware Compatibility Tool I can't find a difference
> except SFPP-10GE-LR-IT has a widely operating temperature range
> and SFPP-10GE-LR-IT price is lower. So it seems SFPP-10GE-LR-IT is a more
> attractive choice.
>
> Could you pls shed some lights on this and thanks for your help.

Have a look on the second tab of the hardware compatibility tool - the supported platforms.

-IT is only supported on ACX710, and that’s the only one the ACX710 supports (i.e. it doesn’t support SFPP-10GE-LR).

Why? Not sure.
If I had to guess, it’s because the operating temp range of the ACXs are wider than other boxes on the low end and that matches the -IT model.. Though I note that the older ACX platforms (500, 1k, 2k, 4k at least) can work at -40c as well, and at least some of those can take SFPP-10G-LR.

Maybe whoever the ACX710 was made for (a few things about the 710 suggest to me at least that they were made for a specific customer) is really strict about SFP specs.

They are *much* cheaper list price, huh? Like, 1/8th. Odd.

There seems to be -IT variants of a few SFP+s.

--
Nathan Ward