MX Reboot with Reason, panic:data storage interrupt trap
Hello,

I recently had an MX80 router reboot with reason being panic:data storage
interrupt trap.

Anyone come across such an issue and get to resolve.Any assistance would be
greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Righa
Re: MX Reboot with Reason, panic:data storage interrupt trap [ In reply to ]
Im aware that the MX80's Flash can get worn out over time.

Ive had to replace a few MX80s flashes with a compatible 3rd party USB/Flash to get them back up and running. (yes, voids warranty field-stripping an MX80 to get at the 2 flash modules in the rear area of the motherboard) -- but it worked.

Field strip. Swap the flashes, Boot from USB installer, install JunOS, make a basic fxp0 config, load latest JunOS, push config back from RANCID, and the boxes are back in production and happy.

- Ck.