Mailing List Archive

MX480 filter options?
I’d like to do some PM on my MX480s and replace the filter, FLTR-KIT-MX480-S is $1,000 for a piece of foam and some stamped sheet metal. Does anyone have any alternatives?

-Matt

Re: MX480 filter options? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 12:58:07PM +0000, Matthew Crocker wrote:
> I’d like to do some PM on my MX480s and replace the filter, FLTR-KIT-MX480-S is $1,000 for a piece of foam and some stamped sheet metal. Does anyone have any alternatives?

We thought that was absurd as well with Cisco... Our solution was
just to get a roll of the same kind of filter material from Grainger
for like $40-$50, and we are set for life on filter replacements.
I suppose now-a-days you can find plenty on Amazon, but we could just
compare at Grainger with sample in hand to find the same.

Its not like they innovated with special materials to filter out the
datacenter dust :-)

Re: MX480 filter options? [ In reply to ]
I unicasted Matt, but for anyone else looking for the same:

https://store.filtrationgroup.com/UAF/electronics-cooling-air-filters-by-manufacturer-juniper

-evt