Mailing List Archive

EX filtering ICMP in traceroutes
Hello,

We have some older EX4200 switch stacks still in production using
valuable public IPv4 /31's for their uplinks. We would like to
renumber those uplinks to RFC1918 but the issue is that these then
show up in traceroute/mtr towards anything routed behind the switches.

Is there a way to filter these icmp ttl expired messages so they don't
show up when running mtr? Or is there a way on the EX4200 to set
source address when generating these ttl expired messages? Even better
would be a way to get a IPv4 default route via IPv6 BGP session !