I have a question and an observation for which I would like to ask feedback from the community.

In my experience, a QFX10008 with Junos 17.4R3.16 is not sending Layer 2 information and AS information in S-Flow packets,
I tested it with a same device but on version 15.1X53 and I _do_ see Layer 2 information and AS information.

Has anybody encountered this as well, I have searched the archive but couldn’t find anything about this.
And does anybody use sflow with Junos version 18.x, and do you collect ASN and Layer 2 information?

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Halil Baysal
Re: Sflow QFX 10008 and/or 5200 [ In reply to ]
We just upgraded our QFX10k2 to the latest recommended 19.1R3 and it
completely broke Inline IPFIX. It no longer exports any flow.

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 7:05 PM H I Baysal <hibaysal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> I have a question and an observation for which I would like to ask
> feedback from the community.
>
> In my experience, a QFX10008 with Junos 17.4R3.16 is not sending Layer 2
> information and AS information in S-Flow packets,
> I tested it with a same device but on version 15.1X53 and I _do_ see Layer
> 2 information and AS information.
>
> Has anybody encountered this as well, I have searched the archive but
> couldn’t find anything about this.
> And does anybody use sflow with Junos version 18.x, and do you collect ASN
> and Layer 2 information?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Halil Baysal

*Brendan Mannella*

*CEOTeraSwitch Inc.Main/Support - 1.412.945.7045Direct -
1.412.945.7049Bare-Metal Servers . Colocation . Cloud . Connectivity*
Re: Sflow QFX 10008 and/or 5200 [ In reply to ]
Different platform but, I recall the ACX5048 having all sorts of SFLOW limitations... something like, only one direction, not on ae's, not on L2 interfaces, etc.

-Aaron