I want to set MED (metric) only when the peer did not specify a MED value.
The idea being that peers that set MED have a reason for their choice, but
if no MED value is set, I am going to set it to MED=(latency_to_peer_in_ms
+ 1000). That way we will prefer the route with lowest latency.

But I can not figure out how to match on no MED value in a policy. There
must be a way to do this?

Thanks,

Baldur
Re: set MED only on empty [ In reply to ]
Hi Baldur,

Try match metric, with some tests you can define empty (maybe zero?).

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/usage-guidelines/policy-configuring-match-conditions-in-routing-policy-terms.html

Regards.

Em sáb., 19 de set. de 2020 às 12:59, Baldur Norddahl <baldur@gigabit.dk>
escreveu:

> Hello
>

> I want to set MED (metric) only when the peer did not specify a MED value.
>
> The idea being that peers that set MED have a reason for their choice, but
>
> if no MED value is set, I am going to set it to MED=(latency_to_peer_in_ms
>
> + 1000). That way we will prefer the route with lowest latency.
>

> But I can not figure out how to match on no MED value in a policy. There
>
> must be a way to do this?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Baldur

Eduardo Schoedler
Re: set MED only on empty [ In reply to ]
Hello

Metric zero should work, I do not know why I did not think of that.

Thanks,

Baldur

Den lør. 19. sep. 2020 kl. 21.13 skrev Eduardo Schoedler <listas@esds.com.br

Re: set MED only on empty [ In reply to ]