Hi

I just started up an SCBE we had on the shelf, has anyone seen this error
before?

Major CB 0 SG2P Revision unsupported

CB 0 REV 20 750-031391 Enhanced MX SCB

Isn't the firmware usually bundled with software upgrades? Is there a
way to upgrade the SCBE?

Johan
Re: MX SCBE firmware error [ In reply to ]
Is this a newer one? I’ve seen vendors release revised boards that have the same part number but require newer software.

- Jared

Re: MX SCBE firmware error [ In reply to ]
No it's an older card, but I can't find firmware requirements anywhere.

Johan

Re: MX SCBE firmware error [ In reply to ]
See https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB26889 (requires
a Juniper login). You could be hitting a PR, or the card is physically
damaged.

Also try restarting the CB:

* To ‘reset a Control Board’, for example on an MX480:
* Run the CLI command ‘request chassis cb slot # offline’,
* Wait 30 seconds.
* Then follow with the CLI command ‘request chassis cb slot # online’.