Mailing List Archive

QFX5100 - l2ckt in ae subinterfaces not working - vlan-ccc
Gents, good day.

Since Juniper, with no respect, removed a feature from QFX5100 platform - l2circuits over AE subinterfaces, version 14.1X53-D42.3 is the last one where the feature are enable and JTAC now, doesn’t provide support anymore, since is an old version.
I use on these boxes, Ethernet-CCC, Vlan-CCC in phy or AE ports. RSVP/ISIS/MPLS enabled. Now I stuck to move with theses QFX since new versions of software or hardware(5110 or 5120) doesn't have the feature. But I need to purchase lot of switches for new facilities and make some upgrades of capacity of the working facilities.

Did you guys knows switches 48ports 1/10Ge, 4 or 6ports 40/100Ge able to do the same thing and Juniper compatible?

I am working almost one year with SE to try to solve this problem...

Below, part of configuration:

Model: qfx5100-48s-6q
Junos: 14.1X53-D42.3

ae1 {
description "CR-00280 - L3 - sw02-metro-osc ae0";
flexible-vlan-tagging;
mtu 8000;
encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
aggregated-ether-options {
lacp {
active;
}
}
unit 3 {
description "nononono";
encapsulation vlan-ccc;
vlan-id 3;
}
unit 552 {
description " nonononono";
vlan-id 552;
family inet {
address 10.7.16.85/30;
}
}
unit 1354 {
description "nononononono";
encapsulation vlan-ccc;
vlan-id 1354;
}
unit 2275 {
description "nonononononono";
encapsulation vlan-ccc;
vlan-id 2275;
}
suporte@sw03-mpls-osc# set interfaces ae15 encapsulation ?
Possible completions:
ethernet-bridge Ethernet layer-2 bridging
extended-vlan-bridge VLAN layer-2 bridging
flexible-ethernet-services Allows per-unit Ethernet encapsulation configuration

error: invalid value: ae15
L2circuit over AE interface is not supported on QFX5k platforms.
suporte@sw03-mpls-osc# set protocols l2circuit neighbor 177.115.1.71 interface ae15.