--
BR!

James Chen
Re: QFX10K port shaping [ In reply to ]
Hey James,

PE chip certainly does support egress shaping and have QoS inside the
subrate (HQoS).

Try this:

set class-of-service traffic-control-profiles tcp-5G scheduler-map
YOUR_SCHEDULER
set class-of-service traffic-control-profiles tcp-5G shaping-rate 5g
set class-of-service interfaces et-0/0/6:1 output-traffic-control-profile tcp-5G

Ingress shaping is not supported.

On Thu, 20 Feb 2020 at 14:46, Chen Jiang <ilovebgp4@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi! Experts
>
> Sorry for disturbing, we found the "set class-of-service interfaces xxx
> shaping-rate" is missing in QFX platform, is there any other method could
> do port shaping ?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> --
> BR!
>

> James Chen

++ytti
Re: QFX10K port shaping [ In reply to ]
Assuming all your traffic is BE, (which is how I generally setup all my QFXes and ensure I never oversubscribe) and after adjusting all the ingress and egress shared-buffers from the defaults, (and just go down to a few HQ queues), you can create a scheduler with a shaper on the BE queue, + scheduler-map and apply it to the physical interface. It's quick n dirty but works in a pinch.

- CK.

Re: QFX10K port shaping [ In reply to ]
Hi! Chris

Yes, all my business traffic is BE, but there is also BGP in NC queue, I am
afraid only shaping BE traffic to maxium link capacity will starve NC queue
and cause BGP broken.

Thanks for your help.

BR!

Chen Jiang

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 7:03 AM Chris Kawchuk <ckawchuk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Assuming all your traffic is BE, (which is how I generally setup all my
> QFXes and ensure I never oversubscribe) and after adjusting all the ingress
> and egress shared-buffers from the defaults, (and just go down to a few HQ
> queues), you can create a scheduler with a shaper on the BE queue, +
> scheduler-map and apply it to the physical interface. It's quick n dirty
> but works in a pinch.
>
> - CK.
>

> > On 20 Feb 2020, at 11:43 pm, Chen Jiang <ilovebgp4@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi! Experts
> >
> > Sorry for disturbing, we found the "set class-of-service interfaces xxx
> > shaping-rate" is missing in QFX platform, is there any other method could
> > do port shaping ?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > --
> > BR!
> >

> > James Chen

BR!

James Chen
Re: QFX10K port shaping [ In reply to ]
Hi! Saku

I have tried you advice but there is no "output-traffic-control-profile"
under "class-of-service interfaces et-x/x/x" in QFX10K. different from
other Juniper gears, QFX COS configuration is very weired.

BR!

Chen Jiang

--
BR!

James Chen
Re: QFX10K port shaping [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 21 Feb 2020 at 02:48, Chen Jiang <ilovebgp4@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried you advice but there is no "output-traffic-control-profile" under "class-of-service interfaces et-x/x/x" in QFX10K. different from other Juniper gears, QFX COS configuration is very weired.

This works in PTX10k and PTX1k which is 100% same PE chip, but
unfortunately the whole catalyst6500/7600 issue with different
software. So certainly something PE chip can do, but I don't have
QFX10k handy to check if this is exist in any QFX10k release. I would
either check later release in lab or ask account team.

--
++ytti
Re: QFX10K port shaping [ In reply to ]
Try configuring with "forwarding-class-sets". It looks the same as CoS on
QFX5K:

set class-of-service interfaces et-0/0/0 forwarding-class-set TEST
output-traffic-control-profile TEST

Re: QFX10K port shaping [ In reply to ]
Re: QFX10K port shaping [ In reply to ]
Hi!